space in which vehicles can be parked
"there is plenty of parking behind the store"
the act of maneuvering a vehicle into a location where it can be left temporarily
The action of the verb to park.
Parking in central London can be very difficult.
Space in which to park a car or other vehicle.
It can be difficult to find parking in central London.
Parking is the act of stopping and disengaging a vehicle and leaving it unoccupied. Parking on one or both sides of a road is often permitted, though sometimes with restrictions. Parking facilities are constructed in combination with some buildings, to facilitate the coming and going of the buildings' users.
The parking symbol -- In this Symbols.com article you will learn about the meaning of the parking symbol and its characteristic.
British National Corpus
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'parking' in Written Corpus Frequency: #2895
Rank popularity for the word 'parking' in Nouns Frequency: #2357
The numerical value of parking in Chaldean Numerology is: 4
The numerical value of parking in Pythagorean Numerology is: 4
Images & Illustrations of parking
Translations for parking
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- موقف سيارات, موقفArabic
- Parken, Parkieren, ParkplatzGerman
- estacionamiento, aparcamientoSpanish
- pysäköinti, pysäköintipaikkaFinnish
- stationnement, parkingFrench
- aparcadoiro, estacionamento, aparcamentoGalician
- 駐車, 駐車場, パーキングJapanese
- area stativa, statio autocinetorumLatin
- парки́рање, паркира́лиштеMacedonian
- parking, zaparkowanie, parkowaniePolish
- автостоя́нка, стоя́нка, парко́вка, паркова́ниеRussian
- parkiranje, паркирање, parkiralište, паркиралиштеSerbo-Croatian
- parkeringsplats, parkering, p-platsSwedish
Get even more translations for parking »
Find a translation for the parking definition in other languages:
Select another language: