Definitions for outstandingˌaʊtˈstæn dɪŋ
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word outstanding
distinguished from others in excellence
"did outstanding work in human relations"; "an outstanding war record"
outstanding, prominent, salient, spectacular, striking(adj)
having a quality that thrusts itself into attention
"an outstanding fact of our time is that nations poisoned by anti semitism proved less fortunate in regard to their own freedom"; "a new theory is the most prominent feature of the book"; "salient traits"; "a spectacular rise in prices"; "a striking thing about Picadilly Circus is the statue of Eros in the center"; "a striking resemblance between parent and child"
outstanding, owing(p), undischarged(adj)
owed as a debt
"outstanding bills"; "the amount still owed"; "undischarged debts"
of major significance or importance
"a great work of art"; "Einstein was one of the outstanding figures of the 20th centurey"
Conspicuously excellent; markedly superior; distinguished.
So prominent so as to attract notice; conspicuous; usually but not always in a good sense.
prominent or noticeable; standing out from others
distinguished from others by its superiority
unresolved; not settled or finished
owed as a debt
Origin: From outstand, equivalent to .
"Outstanding" is a song originally performed by The Gap Band and written by member Raymond Calhoun. The song originally appeared on the group's platinum-selling 1982 album Gap Band IV. It is one of their signature songs and biggest hits, reaching the number one spot on the U.S. R&B Singles Chart in February 1983. "Outstanding" peaked at number fifty-one on the Hot 100.
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'outstanding' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #3282
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'outstanding' in Written Corpus Frequency: #3885
Rank popularity for the word 'outstanding' in Adjectives Frequency: #443
The numerical value of outstanding in Chaldean Numerology is: 7
The numerical value of outstanding in Pythagorean Numerology is: 9
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
Gaiety is the most outstanding feature of the Soviet Union.
The agency is ready to accelerate resolution of all outstanding issues.
In Mercury, Gemini and Apollo, we had outstanding leadership and outstanding management.
Iran has not provided any explanations that enable the agency to clarify the outstanding practical measures.
People of mediocre ability sometimes achieve outstanding success because they don't know when to quit. Most men succeed because they are determined to.
Images & Illustrations of outstanding
Translations for outstanding
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- pendent, destacat, sobresortint, excepcionalCatalan, Valencian
- herausragend, hervorstechend, ausstehend, überstehend, hervorragend, hervorstehendGerman
- destacado, extraordinario, excepcional, sobresaliente, pendiente, distinguido, prominenteSpanish
- erinomainen, silmäänpistävä, huomattava, maksamaton, esiinpistävä, merkittäväFinnish
- saillant, en suspens, débiteur, hors pairFrench
- air lethScottish Gaelic
- kiálló, megoldatlan, kiválóHungarian
- irrisolta, notevole, eccezionale, in sospesso, in pendenza, saliente, irrisoltoItalian
- prominent, overhellend, onopgelost, bijzonder, uitstaand, vooraanstaandDutch
- fremragende, utestående, utståendeNorwegian
- doskonały, znakomity, zaległyPolish
- saliente, extraordinário, pendente, excepcional, destacadoPortuguese
- незауря́дный, выступа́ющий, неупла́ченный, выпира́ющийся, неопла́ченный, невы́полненный, выдаю́щийся, знамени́тый, торча́щий, незако́нченныйRussian
Get even more translations for outstanding »
Find a translation for the outstanding definition in other languages:
Select another language: