Definitions for onerousˈɒn ər əs, ˈoʊ nər-
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word onerous
burdensome, onerous, taxing(adj)
not easily borne; wearing
"the burdensome task of preparing the income tax return"; "my duties weren't onerous; I only had to greet the guests"; "a taxing schedule"
imposing or constituting a physical, mental, or figurative load which can be borne only with effort.
Origin: From onerosus, from onus.
Images & Illustrations of onerous
Translations for onerous
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- onerósCatalan, Valencian
- lästig, drückend, beschwerlich, mühsamGerman
- pénible, lourd, eFrench
- lastig, moeilijkDutch
- onerosa, onerosoPortuguese
- тягостный, обременительныйRussian
- zamoran, tegobanSerbo-Croatian
- külfetli, güç, eziyetli, sıkıntılı, ağır, zahmetliTurkish
Get even more translations for onerous »
Find a translation for the onerous definition in other languages:
Select another language: