Definitions for nocturnalnɒkˈtɜr nl
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word nocturnal
belonging to or active during the night
"nocturnal animals are active at night"; "nocturnal plants have flowers that open at night and close by day"
of or relating to or occurring in the night
Primarily active during the night.
Taking place at night.
of, pertaining to, done or occuring in, the night; as, nocturnal darkness, cries, expedition, etc.; -- opposed to diurnal
having a habit of seeking food or moving about at night; as, nocturnal birds and insects
an instrument formerly used for taking the altitude of the stars, etc., at sea
Nocturnal is the debut album from hip hop duo Heltah Skeltah, consisting of members Rock and Ruck, members of Brooklyn supergroup Boot Camp Clik. It was the first BCC album to feature some outside producers, such as Shawn J. Period and E-Swift.
Translations for nocturnal
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- nocturnCatalan, Valencian
- nachtaktiv, nächtlichGerman
- νυκτόβιος, νυχτερινός, νυχτιάτικοςGreek
- [[yö]]-, nokturnaalinen, yöllinen, öinenFinnish
- nachtlik, [[nacht]]-Western Frisian
- nachtelijk, [[nacht]]-Dutch
- noturno, nocturnoPortuguese
- [[aktiv]] om [[natten]], [[natt]]-, nattaktivSwedish
- gececil, geceleyin olan, geceye ait, noktürnalTurkish
Get even more translations for nocturnal »
Find a translation for the nocturnal definition in other languages:
Select another language: