landowner, landholder, property owner(noun)
a holder or proprietor of land
A person who owns land.
an owner of land
British National Corpus
Rank popularity for the word 'landowner' in Nouns Frequency: #2808
The numerical value of landowner in Chaldean Numerology is: 2
The numerical value of landowner in Pythagorean Numerology is: 7
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
We were scared the investor (landowner) would come shoot us.
I normally don't sleep until we have 95 percent of the rights, it only takes one landowner.
It was intended to prevent trespassers from collecting any information, a water sample, a soil sample, a rock sample on private land without landowner’s permission.
That was the most that any landowner had ever gotten (for a dinosaur fossil in the ground), we shook hands and he (Williams) was pretty excited about seeing it set up in the museum.
The law does not forbid pictures of the sunset, it was intended to prevent trespassers from collecting any information, a water sample, a soil sample, a rock sample on private land without landowner’s permission.
Images & Illustrations of landowner
Translations for landowner
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- terratinentCatalan, Valencian
- Grundbesitzer, GrundbesitzerinGerman
- propriétaire terrienne, propriétaire terrienFrench
- urra, uachtaránIrish
- grootgrondbezitter, grondbezitterDutch
- землевладелица, помещик, землевладелец, помещицаRussian
- земљопосједник, zemljoposjednik, zemljoposednik, земљопоседник, zemljovlasnik, земљовласникSerbo-Croatian
- arazi sahibi, ağaTurkish
- länedal, hilänedal, jilänedalVolapük
Get even more translations for landowner »
Find a translation for the landowner definition in other languages:
Select another language: