Definitions for invincibleɪnˈvɪn sə bəl
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word invincible
Random House Webster's College Dictionary
in•vin•ci•ble*ɪnˈvɪn sə bəl(adj.)
incapable of being conquered, defeated, or subdued.
* Syn: invincible , impregnable , indomitable suggest that which cannot be overcome or mastered. invincible is applied to that which cannot be conquered in combat or war, or overcome or subdued in any manner: an invincible army; invincible courage.impregnable is applied to a place or position that cannot be taken by assault or siege, and hence to whatever is proof against attack: an impregnable fortress; impregnable virtue.indomitable implies having an unyielding spirit, or stubborn persistence in the face of opposition or difficulty: indomitable will.
Origin of invincible:
1375–1425; late ME < LL invincibilis; see in-,3vincible
invincible, unbeatable, unvanquishable(adj)
incapable of being overcome or subdued
"an invincible army"; "her invincible spirit"
Someone or something that cannot be defeated, destroyed or killed.
Impossible to defeat, destroy or kill.
incapable of being conquered, overcome, or subdued; unconquerable; insuperable; as, an invincible army, or obstacle
Invincible is a superhero in the Image Comics Universe. Created by writer Robert Kirkman and artist Cory Walker, the character first appeared in Tech Jacket #1, before graduating to his own self-titled regular series in 2003, as the premier title in Image's then-new superhero line. Invincible is the teenaged son of Omni-Man, an extraterrestrial superhero of the Viltrumite race. Invincible inherited his father’s superhuman strength and ability to fly and he has sworn to protect the Earth. He has had trouble adjusting to his newfound powers and coping with the reality of his origins.
Translations for invincible
Kernerman English Multilingual Dictionary
that cannot be overcome or defeated
That general thinks that his army is invincible.
- لا يُقْهَر، مَنيع، لا يُهْزَمArabic
- invencívelPortuguese (BR)
- شکست ناپذیرFarsi
- בִּלתִי מְנוּצָחHebrew
- perkasa, tak dapat terkalahkanIndonesian
- 정복할 수 없는Korean
- tidak dapat dikalahkanMalay
- شکست ناپذیرPersian
- ماته نه خوړونكىPashto
- 無敵的Chinese (Trad.)
- جس پر فتح پانا محال ہوUrdu
- bất bạiVietnamese
- 无敌的Chinese (Simp.)
Get even more translations for invincible »
Find a translation for the invincible definition in other languages:
Select another language: