Definitions for industriousɪnˈdʌs tri əs
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word industrious
hardworking, industrious, tireless, untiring(adj)
characterized by hard work and perseverance
energetic, gumptious, industrious, up-and-coming(adj)
working hard to promote an enterprise
Hard-working and persistent; worksome.
I was very industrious in my effort to learn unicycle riding.
given to industry; characterized by diligence; constantly, regularly, or habitually occupied; busy; assiduous; not slothful or idle; -- commonly implying devotion to lawful and useful labor
steadily and perseveringly active in a particular pursuit or aim; as, he was negligent in business, but industrious in pleasure; an industrious mischief maker
Origin: [L. industrius, industriosus: cf. F. industrieux. See Industry.]
The numerical value of industrious in Chaldean Numerology is: 6
The numerical value of industrious in Pythagorean Numerology is: 7
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
He is industrious, always ready to serve. That is his character.
To do great work a man must be very idle as well as very industrious.
Spend everyday casual, but industrious Every moment alert, but relaxed.
I think we have more machinery of government than is necessary, too many parasites living on the labor of the industrious.
If a man walks in the woods for love of them half of each day, he is in danger of being regarded as a loafer. But if he spends his days as a speculator, shearing off those woods and making the earth bald before her time, he is deemed an industrious and enterprising citizen.
Images & Illustrations of industrious
Translations for industrious
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- эшсән, егәрлеBashkir
- flitig, arbejdsom, ihærdigDanish
- fleißig, eifrig, arbeitsamGerman
- afanoso, trabajador, industrioso, laborioso, aplicado, diligente, empeñosoSpanish
- diligent, industrieuxFrench
- tábhachtach, saothrachIrish
- dèanadachScottish Gaelic
- industrioso, laboriosoItalian
- cītīgs, uzcītīgs, centīgs, strādīgsLatvian
- ijverig, vlijtigDutch
- industrioso, esforçado, laborioso, diligente, trabalhadorPortuguese
- industrios, harnic, laboriosRomanian
- работящий, прилежный, усердный, трудолюбивыйRussian
- марљив, marljiv, трудољубив, trudoljubivSerbo-Croatian
- idog, flitig, ihärdigSwedish
Get even more translations for industrious »
Find a translation for the industrious definition in other languages:
Select another language: