hardworking, industrious, tireless, untiring(adj)
characterized by hard work and perseverance
energetic, gumptious, industrious, up-and-coming(adj)
working hard to promote an enterprise
Hard-working and persistent; worksome.
I was very industrious in my effort to learn unicycle riding.
given to industry; characterized by diligence; constantly, regularly, or habitually occupied; busy; assiduous; not slothful or idle; -- commonly implying devotion to lawful and useful labor
steadily and perseveringly active in a particular pursuit or aim; as, he was negligent in business, but industrious in pleasure; an industrious mischief maker
Origin: [L. industrius, industriosus: cf. F. industrieux. See Industry.]
The numerical value of industrious in Chaldean Numerology is: 6
The numerical value of industrious in Pythagorean Numerology is: 7
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
He is industrious, always ready to serve. That is his character.
To do great work a man must be very idle as well as very industrious.
Spend everyday casual, but industrious Every moment alert, but relaxed.
I think we have more machinery of government than is necessary, too many parasites living on the labor of the industrious.
If a man walks in the woods for love of them half of each day, he is in danger of being regarded as a loafer. But if he spends his days as a speculator, shearing off those woods and making the earth bald before her time, he is deemed an industrious and enterprising citizen.
Images & Illustrations of industrious
Translations for industrious
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- эшсән, егәрлеBashkir
- flitig, arbejdsom, ihærdigDanish
- fleißig, eifrig, arbeitsamGerman
- afanoso, trabajador, industrioso, laborioso, aplicado, diligente, empeñosoSpanish
- diligent, industrieuxFrench
- tábhachtach, saothrachIrish
- dèanadachScottish Gaelic
- industrioso, laboriosoItalian
- cītīgs, uzcītīgs, centīgs, strādīgsLatvian
- ijverig, vlijtigDutch
- industrioso, esforçado, laborioso, diligente, trabalhadorPortuguese
- industrios, harnic, laboriosRomanian
- работящий, прилежный, усердный, трудолюбивыйRussian
- марљив, marljiv, трудољубив, trudoljubivSerbo-Croatian
- idog, flitig, ihärdigSwedish
Get even more translations for industrious »
Find a translation for the industrious definition in other languages:
Select another language: