grocery store, grocery, food market, market(noun)
a marketplace where groceries are sold
"the grocery store included a meat market"
(usually plural) consumer goods sold by a grocer
Usually groceries; retail foodstuffs and other household supplies.
A shop or store that sells groceries; a grocery store.
the commodities sold by grocers, as tea, coffee, spices, etc.; -- in the United States almost always in the plural form, in this sense
a retail grocer's shop or store
Origin: [F. grosserie wholesale. See Grocer.]
The numerical value of grocery in Chaldean Numerology is: 5
The numerical value of grocery in Pythagorean Numerology is: 1
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
It takes courage to embrace freedom, for one will have to stop shopping at the convenience grocery store, and manage a giant Super Market.
Turkey production has been somewhat lower this year and wholesale prices are a little higher, but consumers should find an adequate supply of birds at their local grocery store.
One day you are fighting the Taliban, and the next day you are home and grocery shopping, when I got home, I thought, 'What am I doing here?' I didn't want to leave Afghanistan forever.
Where brick and mortar grocery in India fails to muster scale, online can do it very, very quickly just by the sheer opportunity of reaching a number of people with much less investment.
First, as of today, there's no sign the grocery market is going to return to volume growth and that would be a tipping point, second, there's no sign that there will be food inflation coming through in the next period, so the market dynamics are going to be extremely squeezed.
Images & Illustrations of grocery
Translations for grocery
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- hokynářství, koloniál, potravinyCzech
- Lebensmittelhandlung, Lebensmittelgeschäft, LebensmittelladenGerman
- μπακάλικο, παντοπωλείοGreek
- abacería, Spain, abarrote, tienda de comestiblesSpanish
- elintarvikkeet, elintarvikekauppa, ruokakauppa, päivittäistavaratFinnish
- bùth grosaireachdScottish Gaelic
- élelmiszerüzlet, élelmiszerboltHungarian
- toko bahan makananIndonesian
- 乾物屋, 食料品店, 食料品Japanese
- kruidenier, kruidenierswinkelDutch
- storsenter, landhandel, dagligvarebutikkNorwegian
- sklep spożywczyPolish
- гастроном, продуктовый магазин, бакалеяRussian
- mataffär, livsmedelsbutik, livsmedelsaffär, matvarorSwedish
- tạp hóaVietnamese
Get even more translations for grocery »
Find a translation for the grocery definition in other languages:
Select another language: