Definitions for gorgeousˈgɔr dʒəs
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word gorgeous
"a gorgeous Victorian gown"
Very enjoyable, pleasant, tasty etc.
Israeli hummus is absolutely gorgeous.
Origin: From Early Modern English gorgious, gorgeouse, from gorgias, from gourgias, gorgias, of uncertain formation, but apparently connected with gorgias, from gorge; see gorge. Sense evolution was probably that of "swelling of the throat or bosom due to pride, bridling up" to "assume an air of importance, flaunting".
imposing through splendid or various colors; showy; fine; magnificent
Origin: [OF. gorgias beautiful, glorious, vain, luxurious; cf. OF. gorgias ruff, neck handkerchief, and F. gorge throat, and se pengorger to assume airs. Cf. Gorge, n.]
Gorgeous is a 1999 Hong Kong comedy film written and directed by Vincent Kok, and also written and produced by Jackie Chan, and starring Chan, Shu Qi, Tony Leung and Emil Chau.
British National Corpus
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'gorgeous' in Written Corpus Frequency: #3160
Translations for gorgeous
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- maquíssim, magnífic, esplènditCatalan, Valencian
- toll, sagenhaft, großartig, fantastisch, umwerfend, traumhaft, wunderschön, prachtvoll, hinreißend, herrlichGerman
- guapísimo, maravillosoSpanish
- hulppea, upeaFinnish
- mayifikHaitian Creole
- káprázatos, bámulatosHungarian
- grezns, krāšņsLatvian
- lindíssimo, magnífico, deslumbrantePortuguese
- magnific, splendid, superbRomanian
- прекрасный, великолепныйRussian
- muhteşem, harikulade, debdebeli, göz kamaştırıcı, görkemliTurkish
Get even more translations for gorgeous »
Find a translation for the gorgeous definition in other languages:
Select another language: