Definitions for foremanˈfɔr mən, ˈfoʊr-
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word foreman
foreman, chief, gaffer, honcho, boss(noun)
a person who exercises control over workers
"if you want to leave early you have to ask the foreman"
a man who is foreperson of a jury
The leader of a work crew.
The member of a jury who presides over it and speaks on its behalf.
During the era of slavery in the United States, a black (slave) assistant to the white overseer who managed field hands.
the first or chief man
the chief man of a jury, who acts as their speaker
the chief of a set of hands employed in a shop, or on works of any kind, who superintends the rest; an overseer
Foreman is a city in Little River County, Arkansas, United States. The population was 1,011 at the 2010 census.
Translations for foreman
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- capataz, presidente del juradoSpanish
- työnjohtaja, puheenjohtajaFinnish
- chef d'équipe, contremaître, chefFrench
- maor-obrach, maorScottish Gaelic
- ard-ghooinney bingaghManx
- formann, juryformannNorwegian
- бригадир, мастер, прораб, штейгерRussian
- lagbas, ordförande, juryordförande, förmanSwedish
Get even more translations for foreman »
Find a translation for the foreman definition in other languages:
Select another language: