Definitions for faithfulness
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word faithfulness
Random House Webster's College Dictionary
steady in allegiance or affection; loyal:
reliable, trusted, or believed:
faithful assurances of help.
adhering or true to fact, a standard, or an original; accurate:
a faithful copy.
strict or thorough in the performance of duty:
a faithful worker.
Obs. full of faith; believing.
(n.)the faithful, the believers in a faith, esp. the members of a Christian church or the adherents of Islam. the body of loyal members of any party or group.
* Syn: faithful , constant , loyal imply qualities of stability, dependability, and devotion. faithful implies enduring fidelity to what one is bound to by a pledge, duty, or obligation: a faithful friend. constant suggests lack of change in affections or loyalties: a constant companion through thick and thin. loyal implies firm support and defense of a person, cause, institution, or idea considered to be worthy: a loyal citizen.
Origin of faithful:
the quality of being faithful
The state of being faithful; allegiance; loyalty; fidelity.
"Faithfulness" is the second single from ex-Skunk Anansie front woman Skin. The single was released in September 2003 and preceded "Trashed". It is highly regarded as one of Skin's best solo singles and is commonly featured on the setlist of her gigs. The single is taken from Skin's debut album Fleshwounds.
Translations for faithfulness
Kernerman English Multilingual Dictionary
- trou, getrouheid, gelowigheidAfrikaans
- إخْلاص، صِدْقArabic
- fidelidadePortuguese (BR)
- die TreueGerman
- ایمان؛ وفاداریFarsi
- hűség, megbízhatóságHungarian
- tryggð; nákvæmniIcelandic
- uzticība; lojalitāteLatvian
- trofasthet, nøyaktighetNorwegian
- ایمان؛ وفاداریPersian
- په وفا دارۍPashto
- trohet, trofasthetSwedish
- 誠實Chinese (Trad.)
- вірність; надійністьUkrainian
- lòng trung thànhVietnamese
- 诚实Chinese (Simp.)
Get even more translations for faithfulness »
Find a translation for the faithfulness definition in other languages:
Select another language:
Discuss these faithfulness definitions with the community:
Use the citation below to add this definition to your bibliography:
"faithfulness." Definitions.net. STANDS4 LLC, 2014. Web. 31 Oct. 2014. <http://www.definitions.net/definition/faithfulness>.