Definitions for exhibitɪgˈzɪb ɪt
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word exhibit
an object or statement produced before a court of law and referred to while giving evidence
display, exhibit, showing(verb)
something shown to the public
"the museum had many exhibits of oriental art"
show an attribute, property, knowledge, or skill
"he exhibits a great talent"
expose, exhibit, display(verb)
to show, make visible or apparent
"The Metropolitan Museum is exhibiting Goya's works this month"; "Why don't you show your nice legs and wear shorter skirts?"; "National leaders will have to display the highest skills of statesmanship"
show, demo, exhibit, present, demonstrate(verb)
give an exhibition of to an interested audience
"She shows her dogs frequently"; "We will demo the new software in Washington"
parade, exhibit, march(verb)
"She parades her new husband around town"
An instance of exhibiting.
That which is exhibited.
A public showing; an exhibition.
The museum's new exhibit is drawing quite a crowd.
An article formally introduced as evidence in a court.
Exhibit A is this photograph of the corpse.
To display or show (something) for others to see, especially at an exhibition or contest.
He wanted to exhibit his baseball cards.
The players exhibited great skill.
To submit (a physical object) to a court as evidence.
I now exhibit this bloody hammer.
To put on a public display.
Will you be exhibiting this year?
Origin: From exhibitus, perfect passive participle of exhibeo, from ex + habeo; see habit.
to hold forth or present to view; to produce publicly, for inspection; to show, especially in order to attract notice to what is interesting; to display; as, to exhibit commodities in a warehouse, a picture in a gallery
to submit, as a document, to a court or officer, in course of proceedings; also, to present or offer officially or in legal form; to bring, as a charge
to administer as a remedy; as, to exhibit calomel
any article, or collection of articles, displayed to view, as in an industrial exhibition; a display; as, this exhibit was marked A; the English exhibit
a document produced and identified in court for future use as evidence
British National Corpus
Rank popularity for the word 'exhibit' in Verbs Frequency: #763
Translations for exhibit
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- изложба, представям, веществено доказателство, експонат, излагам, проявявам, показване, показвамBulgarian
- ausstellen, Exponat, zur Schau stellen, vorlegen, Beweisstück, Ausstellungsstück, zeigen, an den Tag legenGerman
- παρουσιάζω, πειστήριο, έκθεμα, εκθέτω, έκθεση, επιδεικνύωGreek
- prueba instrumental, exponer, exhibir, prueba documentalSpanish
- esitellä, todistuskappale, asettaa näytteille, esittely, näyttelyesine, osoittaaFinnish
- exposition, exposerFrench
- dimostrare, mostrare, esposizioneItalian
- vertonen, tonen, expositie, vertoning, tentoonstellingsstuk, tentoonstellen, tentoonstellingDutch
- pokazać, wystawić, pokazywać, wystawiaćPolish
- экспонат, экспозиция, показ, выставка, вещественное доказательствоRussian
- ప్రదర్శించు, ప్రదర్శనంTelugu
- göstermek, ortaya koymak, sergilemek, ibraz etmek, sunmakTurkish
Get even more translations for exhibit »
Find a translation for the exhibit definition in other languages:
Select another language: