Definitions for excitedɪkˈsaɪ tɪd
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word excited
aroused, emotional, excited, worked up(adj)
(of persons) excessively affected by emotion
"he would become emotional over nothing at all"; "she was worked up about all the noise"
in an aroused state
delirious, excited, frantic, mad, unrestrained(adj)
marked by uncontrolled excitement or emotion
"a crowd of delirious baseball fans"; "something frantic in their gaiety"; "a mad whirl of pleasure"
(of e.g. a molecule) made reactive or more reactive
Having great enthusiasm.
He was very excited about his promotion.
Being in a state of higher energy.
The excited electrons give off light when they drop to a lower energy state.
Having an erection; erect.
"Excited" is the third single from Australian indie rock band Little Birdy's debut album, BigBigLove, released on 18 April 2005. It was produced by Paul McKercher at Big Jesus Burger Studios, and mixed at Studios 301. "Excited" reached number 44 on the Australian ARIA Singles Charts. The B-side of the single includes a live version of "Beautiful to Me" recorded at the 2005 Big Day Out and a version of the Lee Hazlewood song "These Boots Are Made for Walkin'".
British National Corpus
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'excited' in Written Corpus Frequency: #3933
Rank popularity for the word 'excited' in Adjectives Frequency: #721
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
Images & Illustrations of excited
Translations for excited
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- متحمس, متهيجArabic
- възбуден, развълнуванBulgarian
- excitat, emocionatCatalan, Valencian
- nabuzený, vzrušený, excitovanýCzech
- spændt, eksalteret, ophidsetDanish
- erregt, angeregt, aufgeregtGerman
- excitado, emocionado, entusiasmadoSpanish
- virittynyt, innoissaan, innostunut, tohkeissaan, kiihtynytFinnish
- gerjesztett, izgatottHungarian
- agitato, eccitato, entusiastaItalian
- 흥분하다, 흥Korean
- opgereegtLuxembourgish, Letzeburgesch
- excitado, empolgado, entusiasmadoPortuguese
- exaltat, emoționat, excitat, înflăcărat, entuziasmatRomanian
- возбуждённый, взволнованный, в восторгеRussian
- pòbūđen, ùzbūđēnSerbo-Croatian
Get even more translations for excited »
Find a translation for the excited definition in other languages:
Select another language: