Definitions for eventuallyɪˈvɛn tʃu ə li
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word eventually
after an unspecified period of time or an especially long delay
In the end.
(of a sequence) for some tail
in an eventual manner; finally; ultimately
Eventually is the second solo album that Paul Westerberg released after the breakup of The Replacements. The album started out in Atlanta with producer Brendan O'Brien. Although those sessions produced good results—the leadoff single, "Love Untold", among them—Westerberg and O'Brien parted ways. O'Brien was pressed for time, and Westerberg needed more time to write enough songs to fill out a full album. Westerberg regrouped with Lou Giordano. The song "Good Day" was written for late Replacements guitarist Bob Stinson. It references "Hold My Life", a track from the album Tim.
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'eventually' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #1131
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'eventually' in Written Corpus Frequency: #1235
Rank popularity for the word 'eventually' in Adverbs Frequency: #109
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
Eventually the mercury kills you.
Policymakers will eventually see through it.
Castles made of sand fall in the sea eventually.
(Iraqi forces) will eventually take back the terrain.
If a business does well, the stock eventually follows.
Images & Illustrations of eventually
Translations for eventually
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- ten slotte, uiteindelikAfrikaans
- finalmentCatalan, Valencian
- nakonec, konečněCzech
- letztendlich, schließlichGerman
- finalmente, al final, eventualmenteSpanish
- lopulta, viimeinkinFinnish
- à la fin, à terme, finalementFrench
- aig a’ cheann thallScottish Gaelic
- al fin, finalmenteInterlingua
- infine, alla fineItalian
- 結局, とうとう, 最終的, ついに, やっとJapanese
- 結局, 결국Korean
- на крајотMacedonian
- til slutt, etter hvert, omsiderNorwegian
- w końcuPolish
- enfim, finalmentePortuguese
- la urma urmei, în fineRomanian
- в итоге, в конце концов, в конечном счётеRussian
- na koncu, na kraju, konačno, eventualnoSerbo-Croatian
- slutligen, så småningom, till slutSwedish
Get even more translations for eventually »
Find a translation for the eventually definition in other languages:
Select another language: