anything short-lived, as an insect that lives only for a day in its winged form
ephemeral, passing, short-lived, transient, transitory, fugacious(adj)
lasting a very short time
"the ephemeral joys of childhood"; "a passing fancy"; "youth's transient beauty"; "love is transitory but it is eternal"; "fugacious blossoms"
Something which lasts for a short period of time.
Lasting for a short period of time.
Existing for only one day, as with some flowers, insects, and diseases.
Usually dry, but filling with water for brief periods during and after precipitation.
beginning and ending in a day; existing only, or no longer than, a day; diurnal; as, an ephemeral flower
short-lived; existing or continuing for a short time only
anything lasting but a day, or a brief time; an ephemeral plant, insect, etc
Ephemeral things are transitory, existing only briefly. Typically the term is used to describe objects found in nature, although it can describe a wide range of things.
The numerical value of ephemeral in Chaldean Numerology is: 2
The numerical value of ephemeral in Pythagorean Numerology is: 2
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
Ephemeral was born from a personal experience.
All is ephemeral--fame and the famous as well.
All is ephemeral,--fame and the famous as well.
Those (products) are things that are there, and then they're gone, this is the stuff to me, just like the earliest cereal boxes for the launch of 'Star Wars.' ... This is the kind of stuff that is very ephemeral.
I really believe we in the music industry can work together to find a way to bond technology with integrity and just really hope we can teach the younger generation the value of investment in music rather than the ephemeral consumption of it.
Images & Illustrations of ephemeral
Translations for ephemeral
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- мимолетен, краткотраен, еднодневенBulgarian
- efímerCatalan, Valencian
- flüchtig, kurzlebig, vergänglichGerman
- παροδικός, πρόσκαιρος, ημερόβιος, βραχύβιος, εφήμεροςGreek
- kestävä, hetkellinen, ohimenevä, päivä, lyhytaikainenFinnish
- kérészéletű, efemerHungarian
- tdk kekalIndonesian
- skammvinnur, skammlífur, hverfull, skammær, dægurlangurIcelandic
- fuggevole, effimero, passeggero, transitorioItalian
- はかない, 束の間Japanese
- 재지 않는Korean
- kortstondig, vluchtig, eendags, vergankelijk, eendaagsDutch
- efemeryczny, ulotnyPolish
- эфемерный, недолговечный, непродолжительный, однодневный, преходящий, мимолётныйRussian
- ȅfemēran, prìvremen, krȁtkotrājanSerbo-Croatian
- začasen, kratkotrajenSlovene
- flyktig, efemär, förgänglig, kortlivadSwedish
Get even more translations for ephemeral »
Find a translation for the ephemeral definition in other languages:
Select another language: