your usual mood
"he has a happy disposition"
the act or means of getting rid of something
inclination, disposition, tendency(noun)
an attitude of mind especially one that favors one alternative over others
"he had an inclination to give up too easily"; "a tendency to be too strict"
a natural or acquired habit or characteristic tendency in a person or thing
"a swelling with a disposition to rupture"
The arrangement or placement of certain things
The scouts reported on the disposition of the enemy troops.
Tendency or inclination under given circumstances
Temperamental makeup or habitual mood
Control over something
You will have full disposition of these funds.
Transfer or relinquishment to the care or possession of another
The court ordered the disposition of all assets.
Final decision or settlement
The disposition of the case will be announced tomorrow.
The destination of a patient after medical treatment such as surgery
The patient was given a disposition for outpatient care.
The set of choirs of strings on a harpsichord
This small harpsichord has a 1 x 4' disposition.
To remove or place in a different position.
the act of disposing, arranging, ordering, regulating, or transferring; application; disposal; as, the disposition of a man's property by will
the state or the manner of being disposed or arranged; distribution; arrangement; order; as, the disposition of the trees in an orchard; the disposition of the several parts of an edifice
tendency to any action or state resulting from natural constitution; nature; quality; as, a disposition in plants to grow in a direction upward; a disposition in bodies to putrefaction
conscious inclination; propension or propensity
natural or prevailing spirit, or temperament of mind, especially as shown in intercourse with one's fellow-men; temper of mind
A disposition is a habit, a preparation, a state of readiness, or a tendency to act in a specified way. The terms dispositional belief and occurrent belief refer, in the former case, to a belief that is held in the mind but not currently being considered, and in the latter case, to a belief that is currently being considered by the mind. In Bourdieu's theory of fields dispositions are the natural tendencies of each individual to take on a certain position in any field. There is no strict determinism through one's dispositions. In fact, the habitus is the choice of positions according to one's dispositions. However, in retrospect a space of possibles can always be observed. A disposition is not a process or event in some duration in time, but rather the state, preparation, or tendency of a structure "in waiting". In the field of possibilities its actual triggering has a statistical value.
Chambers 20th Century Dictionary
dis-po-zish′un, n. arrangement: plan for disposing one's property, &c.: natural tendency: temper: (N.T.) ministration: (Scots law) a giving over to another = conveyance or assignment in Eng. phraseology—often 'disposition and settlement,' a deed for the disposal of a man's property at his death.—adjs. Disposi′tional; Disposi′tioned; Dispos′itive.—adv. Dispos′itively.—ns. Dispos′itor, a planet that disposes or controls another; Dispō′sure (obs.), disposal, arrangement: disposition. [Fr.,—L., from dis, apart, ponĕre, to place.]
Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms
1. Distribution of the elements of a command within an area; usually the exact location of each unit headquarters and the deployment of the forces subordinate to it. 2. A prescribed arrangement of the stations to be occupied by the several formations and single ships of a fleet, or major subdivisions of a fleet, for any purpose, such as cruising, approach, maintaining contact, or battle. 3. A prescribed arrangement of all the tactical units composing a flight or group of aircraft. See also deployment; dispersion. 4. (DOD only) The removal of a patient from a medical treatment facility by reason of return to duty, transfer to another treatment facility, death, or other termination of medical case.
The numerical value of disposition in Chaldean Numerology is: 8
The numerical value of disposition in Pythagorean Numerology is: 5
Images & Illustrations of disposition
Translations for disposition
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- разоложение, разставяне, характер, склонност, нрав, предразположениеBulgarian
- Anordnung, Geistesart, Veranlagung, Neigung, Gemütsstimmung, Hang, Gemütsart, Gesinnung, Gliederung, EinteilungGerman
- κλίση, διάταξη, διευθέτηση, ρύθμιση, ροπή, διάθεση, τάσηGreek
- carácter, temperamento, inclinación, disposiciónSpanish
- disposition, tempéramentFrench
- nàdarScottish Gaelic
- dispoziție, dispozitiv, înclinațieRomanian
- расстановка, темперамент, расположение, нрав, размещение, склонность, характер, предрасположениеRussian
Get even more translations for disposition »
Find a translation for the disposition definition in other languages:
Select another language: