Definitions for dispensedɪˈspɛns
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word dispense
distribute, administer, mete out, deal, parcel out, lot, dispense, shell out, deal out, dish out, allot, dole out(verb)
administer or bestow, as in small portions
"administer critical remarks to everyone present"; "dole out some money"; "shell out pocket money for the children"; "deal a blow to someone"; "the machine dispenses soft drinks"
grant a dispensation; grant an exemption
"I was dispensed from this terrible task"
give or apply (medications)
The act of dispensing, dispensation.
To issue, distribute, or put out.
To supply or make up a medicine or prescription.
To eliminate or do withoutu2013used intransitively with with.
I wish he would dispense with the pleasantries and get to the point.
To give a dispensation to (someone) to do something against the law.
to deal out in portions; to distribute; to give; as, the steward dispenses provisions according directions; Nature dispenses her bounties; to dispense medicines
to apply, as laws to particular cases; to administer; to execute; to manage; to direct
to pay for; to atone for
to exempt; to excuse; to absolve; -- with from
to compensate; to make up; to make amends
to give dispensation
expense; profusion; outlay
Translations for dispense
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- минавам без, раздавам, разпределямBulgarian
- verteilen, austeilen, dosieren, ausgeben, abgebenGerman
- jakaa, jättää väliin, tarjota, ohittaa, antaaFinnish
- émettre, doser, distribuer, éliminer, partager, dispenserFrench
- afschaffen, uitdelen, uitgeven, doseren, verdelenDutch
- undvara, lösa, utminutera, frita, dela ut, frikalla, fördela, skriva ut, utge, vara utan, dosera, förmedla, förskriva, ge ut, avvara, utdelaSwedish
- tevzi etmek, dağıtmak, hazırlamak, bırakmakTurkish
Get even more translations for dispense »
Find a translation for the dispense definition in other languages:
Select another language: