Definitions for derelictˈdɛr ə lɪkt
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word derelict
a person without a home, job, or property
abandoned ship, derelict(adj)
a ship abandoned on the high seas
creaky, decrepit, derelict, flea-bitten, run-down, woebegone(adj)
worn and broken down by hard use
"a creaky shack"; "a decrepit bus...its seats held together with friction tape"; "a flea-bitten sofa"; "a run-down neighborhood"; "a woebegone old shack"
abandoned, derelict, deserted(adj)
forsaken by owner or inhabitants
"weed-grown yard of an abandoned farmhouse"
derelict, delinquent, neglectful, remiss(adj)
failing in what duty requires
"derelict (or delinquent) in his duty"; "neglectful of his duties"; "remiss of you not to pay your bills"
bedraggled, broken-down, derelict, dilapidated, ramshackle, tatterdemalion, tumble-down(adj)
in deplorable condition
"a street of bedraggled tenements"; "a broken-down fence"; "a ramshackle old pier"; "a tumble-down shack"
Property abandoned by its former owner, especially a ship abandoned at sea.
An abandoned or forsaken person; an outcast.
A homeless and/or jobless person; a person who is (perceived as) negligent in their personal affairs and hygiene.
Abandoned, forsaken; (of ship) abandoned at sea; dilapidated, neglected.
There was a derelict ship on the island.
Negligent in performing a duty.
Origin: derelictus perfect participle of derelinquo from de- + relinquo.
given up or forsaken by the natural owner or guardian; left and abandoned; as, derelict lands
lost; adrift; hence, wanting; careless; neglectful; unfaithful
a thing voluntary abandoned or willfully cast away by its proper owner, especially a ship abandoned at sea
a tract of land left dry by the sea, and fit for cultivation or use
Translations for derelict
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- напуснат, изоставенBulgarian
- aufgegeben-ein verlassenes SchiffGerman
- negligente, abandonado, pariaSpanish
- hylätty, hulttio, hylkiö, välinpitämätön, huolimaton, omaisuus, hylkyFinnish
- paria, délaissé, abandonné, clochard, négligent, en ruines, épaveFrench
- faillíoch, faillitheach, faillitheoir, fágtha béal in airde, long thréigthe, díbeartach, tréigthe, éan scoiteIrish
- trascurato, derelitto, relitto della società, negligente, rifiuto, abbandonato, relittoItalian
- abandonado, negligentePortuguese
- изгой, покинутый, брошенный, отщепенец, бесхозный, отверженныйRussian
Get even more translations for derelict »
Find a translation for the derelict definition in other languages:
Select another language: