decidedly, unquestionably, emphatically, definitely, in spades, by all odds(adverb)
without question and beyond doubt
"it was decidedly too expensive"; "she told him off in spades"; "by all odds they should win"
Without question and beyond doubt.
The mother definitely has love for her child.
In a definite manner; decisively.
in a definite manner; with precision; precisely; determinately
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'definitely' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #4018
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'definitely' in Written Corpus Frequency: #871
Rank popularity for the word 'definitely' in Adverbs Frequency: #238
The numerical value of definitely in Chaldean Numerology is: 1
The numerical value of definitely in Pythagorean Numerology is: 1
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
I'm very definitely a woman and I enjoy it.
Life begins only when we cross the borders and not definitely before!
Well I’m definitely not going to China to lose, So I would definitely consider myself the favorite.
What if everything is an illusion and nothing exists In that case, I definitely overpaid for my carpet.
It definitely showed that we definitely need each other, on and off the court, It showed us that we can get through anything together.
Images & Illustrations of definitely
Translations for definitely
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- určitě, rozhodněCzech
- sicher, bestimmt, definitivGerman
- indudablemente, definitivamenteSpanish
- ehdottomasti, päättäväisesti, varmastiFinnish
- certainement, décidément, assurément, sans contesteFrench
- biztosan, határozottan, feltétlenülHungarian
- 確かに, きっと, 必ずJapanese
- zeker, zeker weten, zonder twijfelDutch
- utvilsomt, definitivtNorwegian
- zdecydowanie, na pewnoPolish
- наверняка, несомненно, определённоRussian
- definitivno, nedvomno, zagotovoSlovene
Get even more translations for definitely »
Find a translation for the definitely definition in other languages:
Select another language: