Definitions for declarer
Random House Webster's College Dictionary
(v.t.)to make known; state clearly, esp. in explicit or formal terms.
to announce officially; proclaim.
to state emphatically.
to reveal; indicate.
to make due statement of (goods for duty, income for taxation, etc.).
to make (a dividend) payable.
to bid (a trump suit or no-trump) in bridge.
(v.i.)to make a declaration.
to proclaim oneself:
to declare against a proposal.
* Syn: declare , affirm , assert imply making something known emphatically, openly, or formally. To declare is to make known, sometimes in the face of actual or potential contradiction: to declare someone the winner of a contest.toaffirm is to make a statement based on one's reputation for knowledge or veracity, or so related to a generally recognized truth that denial is not likely: to affirm the necessity of high standards. To assert is to state boldly, usu. without other proof than personal authority or conviction: to assert that the climate is changing.
Origin of declare:
1275–1325; ME < L dēclārāre to explain =dē-de - +clārāre to make clear, der. of clārusclear
the bridge player in contract bridge who wins the bidding and can declare which suit is to be trumps
asserter, declarer, affirmer, asseverator, avower(noun)
someone who claims to speak the truth
"a bold asserter"; "a declarer of his intentions"; "affirmers of traditional doctrine"; "an asseverator of strong convictions"; "an avower of his own great intelligence"
The person who wins the bidding and so declares what suit will be trump.
One who declares.
A statement that declares the properties of a variable or contributes to doing so.
one who makes known or proclaims; that which exhibits
Translations for declarer
Kernerman English Multilingual Dictionary
to announce publicly or formally
War was declared this morning.
- declararPortuguese (BR)
- erklære; meddeleDanish
- κηρύσσω, ανακοινώνω επίσημαGreek
- välja kuulutamaEstonian
- اعلام کردن؛ رسماً بیان کردنFarsi
- घोषणा करना, विवरण देनाHindi
- javno dati na znanje, objavitiCroatian
- lÿsa yfirIcelandic
- erklære, forkynne, kunngjøreNorwegian
- اعلام کردن؛ رسماً بیان کردنPersian
- اعلانول، څرګندول، بيا نولPashto
- a declaraRomanian
- förklara, tillkännage, deklareraSwedish
- ilân etmekTurkish
- 宣佈Chinese (Trad.)
- رسمی یا باضابطہ اعلان کرناUrdu
- chính thức thông báoVietnamese
- 宣布Chinese (Simp.)
Get even more translations for declarer »