Definitions for daunting
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word daunting
discouraging through fear
discouraging, inspiring fear
overwhelming, intimidatingly impressive
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
It's a very daunting task, and we're in deep trouble. The country's a mess.
Toshiba is still facing a number of daunting issues, such as what to do with its unprofitable PC and TV businesses.
That’s the daunting challenge … there are simply too many jihadis and not enough counterterrorism agents or cops to [monitor] them.
I saw the pies when I came in and it was a little bit daunting, but we got into the nitty gritty, second time champion, I'm happy with the performance.
This is the system that he built, as long as he is in power he's going to keep it that way, the risks that come with market reform and privatization are too daunting for Algeria right now.
Images & Illustrations of daunting
Translations for daunting
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- ohromující, odrazující, znepokojivý, znepokojující, skličujícíCzech
- entmutigend, einschüchternd, beängstigend, abschreckendGerman
- دلهره آورPersian
- musertava, pelottavaFinnish
- décourageant, monumental, colossal, intimidant, titanesqueFrench
- intimiderend, ontmoedigend, beangstigend, indrukwekkend, overweldigendDutch
- sindirici, cesaret kırıcı, göz korkutucuTurkish
Get even more translations for daunting »
Find a translation for the daunting definition in other languages:
Select another language: