a challenge to do something dangerous or foolhardy
"he could never refuse a dare"
boldness, daring, hardiness, hardihood(adj)
the trait of being willing to undertake things that involve risk or danger
"the proposal required great boldness"; "the plan required great hardiness of heart"
audacious, daring, venturesome, venturous(adj)
disposed to venture or take risks
"audacious visions of the total conquest of space"; "an audacious interpretation of two Jacobean dramas"; "the most daring of contemporary fiction writers"; "a venturesome investor"; "a venturous spirit"
radically new or original
"an avant-garde theater piece"
Adventurous, willing to take on or look for risks.
Courageous, or showing bravery
boldness; fearlessness; adventurousness; also, a daring act
bold; fearless; adventurous; as, daring spirits
The numerical value of daring in Chaldean Numerology is: 7
The numerical value of daring in Pythagorean Numerology is: 8
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
Valor grows by daring, fear by holding back.
In crises the most daring course is often safest.
If you see her onstage, she's daring in her own way, she doesn't conform; she does what she wants.
Daring ideas are like chessmen moved forward. They may be beaten, but they may start a winning game.
Bishop Felix's daring enough to speak the truth, be it about tribal affairs, political affairs, church affairs.
Images & Illustrations of daring
Translations for daring
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- جرأة, جسارةArabic
- смел, безстрашен, безстрашие, дързък, авантюристичен, смелостBulgarian
- agosaratCatalan, Valencian
- Kühnheit, mutig, WagemutGerman
- audaz, atrevimiento, osado, atrevido, audacia, osadíaSpanish
- uskalias, uskallusFinnish
- audacieux, courageuxFrench
- נועזת, נועז, תעוזהHebrew
- gedurfd, durf, stoutmoedig, roekeloos, avontuurlijk, durvend, branie, lef, dapperDutch
- atrevido, arrojado, audacioso, audazPortuguese
- смелость, отважный, смелый, бесстрашный, лихой, дерзкийRussian
Get even more translations for daring »
Find a translation for the daring definition in other languages:
Select another language: