Definitions for cuckoldˈkʌk əld
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word cuckold
a man whose wife committed adultery
cheat on, cheat, cuckold, betray, wander(verb)
be sexually unfaithful to one's partner in marriage
"She cheats on her husband"; "Might her husband be wandering?"
A man married to an unfaithful wife, especially when he is unaware or unaccepting of the fact.
To make a cuckold of someone by being unfaithful, or by seducing his wife.
Origin: Derived from cucuault (from cucu, the Cuckoo bird, some varieties of which lay their eggs in another’s nest). Appears in in noun form circa 1250 as cokewald. First known use of the verb form is 1589.
a man whose wife is unfaithful; the husband of an adulteress
a West Indian plectognath fish (Ostracion triqueter)
to make a cuckold of, as a husband, by seducing his wife, or by her becoming an adulteress
Cuckold historically referred to a husband with an adulterous wife and is still often used with this meaning. Since the 1990s, the term has also been widely used to refer to a sexual fetish in which the fetishist is stimulated by their committed partner choosing to have sex with someone else.
Translations for cuckold
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- ديوث, مكعباني شبيه بالمكعبArabic
- cornutCatalan, Valencian
- Hahnrei, Hornträger, GehörnterGerman
- κερατάς, κερατώνωGreek
- kokri, kokritoEsperanto
- poner los cuernos, pegar los tarros, poner los cachos, poner las guampas, sanchear, cornudo, poner el gorroSpanish
- cocufier, cornard, cocu, mari trompéFrench
- व्यभिचारी पतिHindi
- fare le corna, becco, cornutoItalian
- コキュ, 不義をする, コキューJapanese
- de hoorns opzetten, hoorndrager, bedriegen, onder de kluiten schietenDutch
- przyprawić komuś rogi, rogaczPolish
- chifrudo, cornoPortuguese
- наставить рога, рогоносецRussian
- набити рогове, рогоњаSerbo-Croatian
- cắm sừngVietnamese
Get even more translations for cuckold »
Find a translation for the cuckold definition in other languages:
Select another language: