a community of people smaller than a village
juncture, critical point, crossroads(noun)
a crisis situation or point in time when a critical decision must be made
"at that juncture he had no idea what to do"; "he must be made to realize that the company stands at a critical point"
a point where a choice must be made
"Freud's work stands at the crossroads between psychology and neurology"
A place where one road crosses another; an intersection of two or more roads.
A centrally located position
A decision point; a turning point or opportunity to change direction, course, or goal.
A fork in the road.
In folk magic and mythology, crossroads may represent a location "between the worlds" and, as such, a site where supernatural spirits can be contacted and paranormal events can take place. Symbolically, it can mean a locality where two realms touch and therefore represents liminality, a place literally "neither here nor there", "betwixt and between".
Song lyrics by crossroads -- Explore a large variety of song lyrics performed by crossroads on the Lyrics.com website.
The numerical value of crossroads in Chaldean Numerology is: 8
The numerical value of crossroads in Pythagorean Numerology is: 5
Images & Illustrations of crossroads
Translations for crossroads
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- مفترق طرقArabic
- encreuament, cruïllaCatalan, Valencian
- rozcestí, křižovatkaCzech
- Kreuzung, ScheidewegGerman
- turnpunkto, vojkrucoEsperanto
- encrucijada, cruceSpanish
- tienristeys, risteys, risteyskohta, tienhaara, liittymäFinnish
- bivio, punto di svoltaItalian
- 交差点, 十字路, 十字街Japanese
- 네거리, 사거리Korean
- trivium, compitaLatin
- kruising, kruispuntDutch
- vegkryss, gatekryss, veikryssNorwegian
- cruzamento, encruzilhadaPortuguese
- răscruce, intersecțieRomanian
- перекрёсток, распу́тье, перепу́тьеRussian
- rázcestie, križovatkaSlovak
- gatukorsning, vägskäl, vägkorsningSwedish
- ngã tưVietnamese
- croejhåde, croejhlådeWalloon
Get even more translations for crossroads »
Find a translation for the crossroads definition in other languages:
Select another language: