creation, creative activity(noun)
the human act of creating
an artifact that has been brought into existence by someone
the event that occurred at the beginning of something
"from its creation the plan was doomed to failure"
initiation, founding, foundation, institution, origination, creation, innovation, introduction, instauration(noun)
the act of starting something for the first time; introducing something new
"she looked forward to her initiation as an adult"; "the foundation of a new scientific society"
(theology) God's act of bringing the universe into existence
universe, existence, creation, world, cosmos, macrocosm(noun)
everything that exists anywhere
"they study the evolution of the universe"; "the biggest tree in existence"
An invention, artwork, etc.
I think the manufacturer was so ashamed of its creation that it didn't put its name on it!
The act of creating something.
The restructure resulted in the creation of a number of shared services.
All which exists.
Let us pray to Christ, the King of all creation.
Origin: From création, from creatio, creationis.
the act of creating or causing to exist. Specifically, the act of bringing the universe or this world into existence
that which is created; that which is produced or caused to exist, as the world or some original work of art or of the imagination; nature
the act of constituting or investing with a new character; appointment; formation
Origin: [L. creatio: cf. F. cration. See Create.]
Song lyrics by creation -- Explore a large variety of song lyrics performed by creation on the Lyrics.com website.
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'creation' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #2136
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'creation' in Written Corpus Frequency: #4384
Rank popularity for the word 'creation' in Nouns Frequency: #924
actioner, anticore, reaction, reäction
The numerical value of creation in Chaldean Numerology is: 1
The numerical value of creation in Pythagorean Numerology is: 4
Images & Illustrations of creation
Translations for creation
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- خَلْق, إِبْتِكار, خلقArabic
- творение, създаване, сътворениеBulgarian
- creacióCatalan, Valencian
- vytváření, stvoření, tvoření, výtvor, vytvořeníCzech
- Schöpfung, Kreation, Schaffung, Erfindung, Erstellung, WerkGerman
- πλάση, δημιούργημα, δημιουργίαGreek
- kreitaro, kreado, kreoEsperanto
- آفرینش, ایجادPersian
- luomus, luomakunta, luominenFinnish
- בריאה, יצירהHebrew
- kreyasyonHaitian Creole
- mű, teremtés, alkotás, teremtményHungarian
- creazione, creatoItalian
- 創作物, 創造, 創作Japanese
- kūriniai, kūrinys, kūrybaLithuanian
- creatie, uitvinding, scheppingDutch
- creație, creareRomanian
- творение, сотворение, созидание, детище, создание, мироздание, произведениеRussian
- tvorba, stvaranje, mirozdanje, tvorevina, tvaranje, stvorevinaSerbo-Croatian
- skapelse, skapandeSwedish
Get even more translations for creation »
Find a translation for the creation definition in other languages:
Select another language: