Definitions for consummateˈkɒn səˌmeɪt; kənˈsʌm ɪt, ˈkɒn sə mɪt
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word consummate
consummate, masterful, masterly, virtuoso(a)(adj)
having or revealing supreme mastery or skill
"a consummate artist"; "consummate skill"; "a masterful speaker"; "masterful technique"; "a masterly performance of the sonata"; "a virtuoso performance"
perfect and complete in every respect; having all necessary qualities
"a complete gentleman"; "consummate happiness"; "a consummate performance"
arrant(a), complete(a), consummate(a), double-dyed(a), everlasting(a), gross(a), perfect(a), pure(a), sodding(a), stark(a), staring(a), thoroughgoing(a), utter(a), unadulterated(verb)
without qualification; used informally as (often pejorative) intensifiers
"an arrant fool"; "a complete coward"; "a consummate fool"; "a double-dyed villain"; "gross negligence"; "a perfect idiot"; "pure folly"; "what a sodding mess"; "stark staring mad"; "a thoroughgoing villain"; "utter nonsense"; "the unadulterated truth"
"consummate a marriage"
make perfect; bring to perfection
carried to the utmost extent or degree; of the highest quality; complete; perfect
to bring to completion; to raise to the highest point or degree; to complete; to finish; to perfect; to achieve
Origin: [L. consummatus, p. p. or consummare to accomplish, sum up; con- + summa sum. See Sum.]
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
Her performance is breathtaking and so nuanced and heartbreaking. She is one of our most consummate actresses.
Personality is not a factor, marc Benioff is a consummate professional and fits in with world leaders, never mind software leaders.
You've got a player who's been in your organization for seven years, who you valued, who you are trading clearly to bring back an important asset, and the fact that he's out there risking injury at a time when you're trying to consummate the trade is strange in itself. But for him to be that emotional and out on the field just strikes me as odd.
Images & Illustrations of consummate
Translations for consummate
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- volvoer, voltrekAfrikaans
- опитен, съвършен, абсолютен, консумирам, завършвам, довеждам докрайBulgarian
- perfekt, vollenden, vollkommenGerman
- consumar, consumadoSpanish
- asti, päätös, täydellinen, loppu, viedä, äärimmäinenFinnish
- consommer, consomméFrench
- tökéletes, teljesHungarian
- completare, consumato, complere, consumar, completoItalian
- 完全な, 完璧なJapanese
- volbrengen, volwaardig, voltooien, volslagen, consummeren, volleerd, volstrektDutch
- wytrawny, doskonały, zakończyć, skonsumowaćPolish
- завершить, закончить, высококвалифицированный, завершать, заканчивать, совершенный, законченный, превосходный, отпетый, виртуозныйRussian
Get even more translations for consummate »
Find a translation for the consummate definition in other languages:
Select another language: