Definitions for comradeˈkɒm ræd, -rɪd
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word comrade
companion, comrade, fellow, familiar, associate(noun)
a friend who is frequently in the company of another
"drinking companions"; "comrades in arms"
a fellow member of the Communist Party
used as a term of address for those male persons engaged in the same movement
A mate, companion, or associate.
A companion in battle, fellow soldier.
A fellow socialist or Communist.
(As a title replacing "Mr", "Mrs", "Miss", "Ms" etc in leftwing circles) Comrade Lenin
Hello comrade, are you going to the CPC meeting?
Origin: From late comered, from camerade, from camerata, from *, from camara, camera; see chamber. Compare camaraderie.
a mate, companion, or associate
Origin: [Sp. camarada, fr. L. camara, a chamber; hence, a chamber-fellowship, and then a chamber-fellow: cf. F. camarade. Cf. Chamber.]
Comrade means "friend", "colleague", or "ally". The word comes from French camarade and this French word has it roots in the Spanish term camarada. The term is frequently used by left-wing organizations around the globe. "Comrade" has often become a stock phrase and form of address. This word has its regional equivalents available in many languages.
Chambers 20th Century Dictionary
kom′rād, n. a close companion: an intimate associate—ns. Com′radery; Com′radeship. [Sp. camarada, a roomful, a chamber-mate—L. camera, a chamber.]
The numerical value of comrade in Chaldean Numerology is: 8
The numerical value of comrade in Pythagorean Numerology is: 5
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
Comrade Walid is still a regular.
Age is a wonderful, marvelous comrade when you get to it and you have to respect it.
Comrade Malema, thanks for making the effort to come. South Africa has taken notice.
A common question is :' Comrade, will the same that happened to Patriotic Union happen to us ?' That is the fear.
The greatest wealth consisteth in being charitable, And the greatest happiness in having tranquility of mind. Experience is the most beautiful adornment And the best comrade is one that hath no desire.
Images & Illustrations of comrade
Translations for comrade
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- друга́р, друга́ркаBulgarian
- བློ་མཐུནTibetan Standard
- camaradaCatalan, Valencian
- soudružka, soudruh, kamarádCzech
- Genosse, Genossin, KameradGerman
- συνάδελφος, συστρατιώτης, σύντροφος, συντρόφισσα, συμπολεμιστής, συναδέλφισσαGreek
- camarada, compañera, compañeroSpanish
- همرزم, رفیقPersian
- कामरेड, साथीHindi
- elvtárs, elvtársnőHungarian
- 同志, 동무, 동지Korean
- comes, commilito, comitisLatin
- bendražygis, bičiulis, bendražygė, draugas, draugė, bičiulėLithuanian
- дру́гар, дру́гарка, со́борецMacedonian
- कमरेड, साथीNepali
- maat, kameraad, makker, strijdmakkerDutch
- towarzyszka, towarzysz, kamrat, kompanPolish
- camarada, parceiro, companheiroPortuguese
- tovarăș, camaradRomanian
- това́рищ, камара́дRussian
- друг, drugSerbo-Croatian
- súdružka, súdruh, druh, družkaSlovak
- tovariš, tovarišicaSlovene
- safdosh, oʻrtoqUzbek
- đồng chí, 同志Vietnamese
Get even more translations for comrade »
Find a translation for the comrade definition in other languages:
Select another language: