Definitions for celebrateˈsɛl əˌbreɪt
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word celebrate
observe, celebrate, keep(verb)
behave as expected during of holidays or rites
"Keep the commandments"; "celebrate Christmas"; "Observe Yom Kippur"
have a celebration
"They were feting the patriarch of the family"; "After the exam, the students were celebrating"
lionize, lionise, celebrate(verb)
assign great social importance to
"The film director was celebrated all over Hollywood"; "The tenor was lionized in Vienna"
To extol or honour in a solemn manner.
to celebrate the name of the Most High
To honour by rites, by ceremonies of joy and respect, or by refraining from ordinary business; to observe duly; to keep.
to celebrate a birthday
To engage in joyful activity in appreciation of an event.
I was promoted today at worku2014letu2019s celebrate!
To perform or participate in, as a sacrament or solemn rite; to solemnize; to perform with appropriate rites.
to celebrate a marriage
to extol or honor in a solemn manner; as, to celebrate the name of the Most High
to honor by solemn rites, by ceremonies of joy and respect, or by refraining from ordinary business; to observe duly; to keep; as, to celebrate a birthday
to perform or participate in, as a sacrament or solemn rite; to solemnize; to perform with appropriate rites; as, to celebrate a marriage
British National Corpus
Rank popularity for the word 'celebrate' in Verbs Frequency: #517
Translations for celebrate
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- чествам, прославям, ознаменувам, празнувамBulgarian
- celebrarCatalan, Valencian
- feste, prise, fejre, højtideligholdeDanish
- feiern, zelebrierenGerman
- reverenciar, celebrar, festejarSpanish
- juhlia, ylistääFinnish
- fêter, faire la fête, célébrer, rendre hommageFrench
- celebrare, festeggiareItalian
- świętować, fetować, wychwalać, sławić, uczcić, obchodzić, oblaćPolish
- celebrar, festejarPortuguese
- прославлять, отпраздновать, прославить, праздновать, чествоватьRussian
- slaviti, славитиSerbo-Croatian
Get even more translations for celebrate »
Find a translation for the celebrate definition in other languages:
Select another language: