exercising caution or showing care or attention
"they were careful when crossing the busy street"; "be careful to keep her shoes clean"; "did very careful research"; "careful art restorers"; "careful of the rights of others"; "careful about one's behavior"
"careful of her feelings"; "heedful of his father's advice"
careful, deliberate, measured(adj)
unhurried and with care and dignity
"walking at the same measured pace"; "with all deliberate speed"
full of cares or anxiety
"Thou art careful and troubled about many things"-Luke 10.41
mindful of the future in spending money
"careful with money"
Full of care or grief; sorrowful, sad.
Full of cares or anxiety; worried, troubled.
Having care (for); attentive to potential danger, error or harm; cautious.
He was a slow and careful driver.
Conscientious and painstaking; meticulous.
They made a careful search of the crimescene.
Origin: From careful, from carful, cearful, equivalent to .
full of care; anxious; solicitous
filling with care or solicitude; exposing to concern, anxiety, or trouble; painful
taking care; giving good heed; watchful; cautious; provident; not indifferent, heedless, or reckless; -- often followed by of, for, or the infinitive; as, careful of money; careful to do right
"Careful" is Guster's second single released off the Keep it Together album. It is also on the live CD and DVD Guster on Ice. Brian Rosenworcel does backup vocals during the "na na na nas" on "Careful". This is only the second time he has been credited with vocals.
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'careful' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #2171
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'careful' in Written Corpus Frequency: #1129
Rank popularity for the word 'careful' in Adjectives Frequency: #264
The numerical value of careful in Chaldean Numerology is: 1
The numerical value of careful in Pythagorean Numerology is: 3
Images & Illustrations of careful
Translations for careful
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- грижлив, акуратен, внимателен, старателенBulgarian
- সতর্ক, সাবধানBengali
- curós, cautelósCatalan, Valencian
- pečlivý, opatrnýCzech
- sorgfältig, behutsam, vorsichtigGerman
- επιμελής, προσεκτικόςGreek
- cuidadoso, cautoSpanish
- ettevaatlik, tähelepanelikEstonian
- huolellinen, varovainenFinnish
- prudent, soigneuse, soigneux, prudenteFrench
- cùramachScottish Gaelic
- זהיר, זהירהHebrew
- सतर्क, सावधानHindi
- cauto, prudente, accuratoItalian
- 思慮深い, 注意深いJapanese
- curiosus, cautus, meticulosusLatin
- uzmanīgs, rūpīgsLatvian
- zorgvuldig, prudent, omzichtig, behoedzaam, voorzichtig, doortastend, grondigDutch
- ostrożna, ostrożny, ostrożnePolish
- cauteloso, meticulosa, prudente, cuidadosa, meticuloso, cuidadoso, cautelosaPortuguese
- prudent, precautRomanian
- аккуратный, внимательный, старательный, тщательный, осторожныйRussian
- सावधान, सतर्कSanskrit
- брѝжљив, о̏пре̄зан, brȉžan, brìžljiv, ȍprēzan, pòmnjiv, по̀мњив, бри̏жанSerbo-Croatian
- سترک, ساودھانUrdu
Get even more translations for careful »
Find a translation for the careful definition in other languages:
Select another language: