Definitions for bombasticbɒmˈbæs tɪk
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word bombastic
bombastic, declamatory, large, orotund, tumid, turgid(adj)
ostentatiously lofty in style
"a man given to large talk"; "tumid political prose"
Pompous or overly wordy.
High-sounding but with little meaning.
Origin: Either from bombast, or from middle name of Paracelsus (Theophrastus Bombastus), who often used extremely arrogant speaking style.
alt. of Bombastical
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
There were no bombastic statements of any sorts.
I understand that a lot of what Trump is saying is a little bombastic. It's a little put on. It's for entertainment.
I think it has to do with the fact that Donald Trump is very smart. Donald Trump knows that media is not so interested in the serious issues facing this country. They love bombastic remarks. They love silly remarks, i think this is more of an indictment of the media than it is Donald Trump.
First in the nation means you get to take this more seriously than people in other states, what I've seen is that you do take it seriously -- that you're not going to vote for the bombastic because it's bombastic and interesting, that you're going to vote for someone who walks on the hot coals, who takes your questions, who you get to listen to and who listens to you and builds a support based on interacting with real people and real concerns and real issues.
Images & Illustrations of bombastic
Translations for bombastic
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- надут, превзет, голословенBulgarian
- bombástico, rimbombanteSpanish
- verbeux, abscons, enflé, boursouflé, ampoulé, pompeuxFrench
- bombasztikus, cikornyás, fellengzős, dagályosHungarian
- magniloquente, ampolloso, pomposoItalian
- 과장 한Korean
- høgttravande, høgstemt, bombastisk, svulstigNorwegian Nynorsk
- svulstig, bombastisk, høyttravende, høystemtNorwegian
- pompatyczny, górnolotny, napuszonyPolish
- напыщенный, помпезный, высокопарныйRussian
Get even more translations for bombastic »
Find a translation for the bombastic definition in other languages:
Select another language: