Definitions for akanˈɑ kɑn
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word akan
Random House Webster's College Dictionary
A•kanˈɑ kɑn(n.)(pl.)A•kans; A•kan.
a Kwa language of S Ghana.
a subdivision of the Kwa language family that includes Akan and related languages of Ghana, the Ivory Coast, and Togo.
a speaker of the Akan language or languages.
a Kwa language spoken in Ghana and the Ivory Coast
Of or pertaining to the Akan people.
Of or pertaining to the Akan language and other related languages.
A people who inhabit Ghana and Cu00F4te d'Ivoire.
The Niger-Congo language spoken by these people.
A group of languages spoken in Ghana.
A volcano in Hokkaido, Japan.
Akan was a town located in Akan District, Kushiro Subprefecture, Hokkaidō. As of September 30, 2004 it had an estimated population of 6,518 and an area of 739.25 km². The name comes from an Ainu word meaning "Eternal" or "unchanging". On October 11, 2005 Akan, along with the town of Onbetsu, from Shirukana District, was merged into the expanded city of Kushiro.
Anagrams of akan
Translations for akan
Kernerman English Multilingual Dictionary
past tense of will
He said he would be leaving at nine o'clock the next morning; I asked if he'd come and mend my television set; I asked him to do it, but he wouldn't; I thought you would have finished by now.
- سوفَ في الزَّمَن الماضيArabic
- iria, viria, teria, etc.Portuguese (BR)
- Imperfekt von `will`German
- (para formar el pasado de ``will'')Spanish
- imperfekti verbistä willFinnish
- -rais, -rais, -rait, ...French
- (jövő idő kifejezésére:) azt mondta, másnap 9-kor elutazikHungarian
- (ausiliare per la formazione del condizionale presente)Italian
- …했을 것이다Korean
- (izsaka nākotni pagātnē)Latvian
- ville, skulleNorwegian
- د will ماضي: دمستقبل او ماضي دجوړولو دپاره كومكي فعل دى چې ددغو توكو افاده كوي: دخوښۍ او ارادې، دنيت او دقصد: دټاكنې او تعيين، دغوښتنې او هيلې: دډول او وضعيت څرګندونه كويPashto
- iria, viria, teria, etc.Portuguese
- voi, vei, va, vom, veţi, vor; aş, ai, ar, am, aţi, arRomanian
- bom, boš, bo...Slovenian
- skulle, villeSwedish
- Not: 'will'in geçmiş zaman hali.Turkish
- 「will」的過去式Chinese (Trad.)
- （“will” 的过去式，用于转述）将，将会Chinese (Simp.)
Get even more translations for akan »
Find a translation for the akan definition in other languages:
Select another language: