Definitions for Thereðɛər; unstressed ðər
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word There
a location other than here; that place
"you can take it from there"
there, at that place, in that location(adverb)
in or at that place
"they have lived there for years"; "it's not there"; "that man there"
there, in that respect, on that point(adverb)
in that matter
"I agree with you there"
to or toward that place; away from the speaker
"go there around noon!"
That status; that position.
You get it ready; I'll take it from there.
In a place or location (stated, implied or otherwise indicated) at some distance from the speaker (compare here).
In that matter, relation, etc.; at that point, stage, etc., regarded as a distinct place.
To or into that place; thither.
Where, there where, in which place.
In existence or in this world; see pronoun section below.
therefor, thereat, thereunder
Origin: From ther, from þær, from þar, from tar-, from demonstrative pronominal base to- + adverbial suffix -r.
in or at that place
in that matter, relation, etc.; at that point, stage, etc., regarded as a distinct place; as, he did not stop there, but continued his speech
to or into that place; thither
There is a 3D online virtual world created by Will Harvey and Jeffrey Ventrella. There Inc. was founded in the spring of 1998. Closed beta began in July 2001, with various stages of beta following, and ending with an October 2003 launch date. On March 9, 2010 - one week after the announcement of its closure on March 2, 2010 - There.com shut its doors to the public. On May 18, 2011, Michael Wilson announced that There.com will be re-opening, on the There.com homepage. All previous members will have access to their old avatars. On May 2, 2012, There reopened to the public.
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'There' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #45
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'There' in Written Corpus Frequency: #45
Rank popularity for the word 'There' in Adverbs Frequency: #16
Ether, ether, Reeth, theer, three
Translations for There
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- هُنَاكَ, إلَى هُنَاكَ, هنا, هُنَالِكَ, هُناكَArabic
- там, туды́Belarusian
- ната́м, там, ната́тък, тукBulgarian
- সেখানে, সেখান, ওখানে, ওখানBengali
- allí, allàCatalan, Valencian
- did, der, derhenDanish
- dorthin, dahin, da, dortGerman
- προς τα εκεί, εκείσε, εκείGreek
- tien, tieEsperanto
- allá, allí, ahí, hacia allá, por allí, ya estáSpanish
- seal, sinnaEstonian
- sinne, siellä, siihen, tuolla, tuohon, siinä, tuossa, tuonneFinnish
- hagar, harFaroese
- y, là, là-basFrench
- dêrWestern Frisian
- ansiúd, ansin, annIrish
- an sinScottish Gaelic
- שָׁם, [[לְ־]][[שָׁם]]Hebrew
- ott, odaHungarian
- հոն, այնտեղArmenian
- sana, situ, ke sana, ke situIndonesian
- þarna, þar, það, þangaðIcelandic
- ci, vi, ivi, làItalian
- [[そこ]]へ, あそこ, そこ, [[あそこ]]へJapanese
- онда, анда, сондаKazakh
- ទីនោះ, ឯណោះKhmer
- istuc, ibi, illic, eo, illuc, isticLatin
- doLuxembourgish, Letzeburgesch
- tur, turiene, turpLatvian
- на́таму, та́му, и́маMacedonian
- aldaar, daar, daarheen, ginder, ginds, erDutch
- aadiNavajo, Navaho
- هلته, هورېPashto, Pushto
- lá, aí, [[para]] [[ali]], por aí, [[para]] [[lá]], [[para]] [[aí]], aliPortuguese
- haqaypi, chaypiQuechua
- acolo, coloRomanian
- туда́, есть, иметься, тамRussian
- tamo, онде, тамо, ondeSerbo-Croatian
- ta, tamSlovak
- tàm, tjáSlovene
- atje, aty, andejAlbanian
- där, dit, detSwedish
- అక్కడికి, అక్కడTelugu
- นั้น, ที่นั่น, ตรงนั้นThai
- oraya, orada, ora, şurada, şurayaTurkish
- там, туди́Ukrainian
- đằng kia, đóVietnamese
Get even more translations for There »
Find a translation for the There definition in other languages:
Select another language: