Definitions for Specialistˈspɛʃ ə lɪst
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word Specialist
specialist, specializer, specialiser(noun)
an expert who is devoted to one occupation or branch of learning
specialist, medical specialist(noun)
practices one branch of medicine
Someone who is an expert in, or devoted to, some specific branch of study or research.
A physician whose practice is limited to a particular branch of medicine or surgery.
Any of several non-commissioned ranks corresponding to that of corporal.
one who devotes himself to some specialty; as, a medical specialist, one who devotes himself to diseases of particular parts of the body, as the eye, the ear, the nerves, etc
The Roycroft Dictionary
1. One who limits himself to his chosen mode of ignorance, and gets further into a bog than the man ahead of him. 2. A kind of hypnotic trance wherein a person by centering his gaze on a given object renders the object smaller in proportion as his illusion grows.
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'Specialist' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #2746
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'Specialist' in Written Corpus Frequency: #4096
Rank popularity for the word 'Specialist' in Nouns Frequency: #915
Translations for Specialist
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- especialistaCatalan, Valencian
- Fachmann, Experte, Spezialist, FacharztGerman
- ειδικός, εμπειρογνώμοναςGreek
- erikoislääkäri, erikoisasiantuntija, spesialistiFinnish
- 専門家, 熟練者Japanese
- mātanga, pūkenga, kaimātaiMāori
- expert, especialistaPortuguese
- эксперт, специалист, специалисткаRussian
Get even more translations for Specialist »
Find a translation for the Specialist definition in other languages:
Select another language: