Definitions for SEERˈsi ər for 1 ; sɪər for 2-4
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word SEER
visionary, illusionist, seer(noun)
a person with unusual powers of foresight
an observer who perceives visually
"an incurable seer of movies"
prophet, prophesier, oracle, seer, vaticinator(noun)
an authoritative person who divines the future
Agent noun of see; one who sees something; an eyewitness.
Someone who foretells the future; a clairvoyant, prophet, soothsayer or diviner.
one who sees
a person who foresees events; a prophet
Origin: [From See.]
Chambers 20th Century Dictionary
sēr, n. one who foresees events: a prophet: a soothsayer.—n. Seer′ship.
The Roycroft Dictionary
The scout of civilization.
The numerical value of SEER in Chaldean Numerology is: 6
The numerical value of SEER in Pythagorean Numerology is: 2
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
Vipassana meditation is not just seeing the things inside. It is also seeing the seer.
What is a seer? A man who with luck tells the truth sometimes, with frequent falsehoods, but when his luck deserts him, collapses then and there.
We are not victims of aging, sickness and death. These are part of scenery, not the seer, who is immune to any form of change. This seer is the spirit, the expression of eternal being.
The business of a seer is to see; and if he involves himself in the kind of God-eclipsing activities which make seeing impossible, he betrays the trust which his fellows have tacitly placed in him.
To Tennessee Williams, children were 'no-neck monsters,' while William Wordsworth apotheosized the newborn infant as a 'Mighty Prophet Seer Blest' Most adults know the truth is somewhere in between.
Images & Illustrations of SEER
Translations for SEER
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- jasnovidec, prorokCzech
- Prophetin, Visionärin, Wahrsager, Seher, Visionär, Hellseher, Weissager, Weissagerin, Wahrsagerin, Seherin, Prophet, HellseherinGerman
- adivino, vidente, adivinaSpanish
- näkijä, tietäjäFinnish
- voyante, voyantFrench
- taibhsearScottish Gaelic
- chiaroveggente, veggente, indovinoItalian
- წინასწარმეტყველი, მხედველიGeorgian
- pranašas, aiškiaregysLithuanian
- ziener, ooggetuige, helderziendeDutch
- testemunha, videntePortuguese
- очевидец, прорицатель, провидец, свидетельRussian
- пророк, pròrok, видовњак, видјелац, vidjelac, pròročica, vidovnjak, očevidac, пророчица, очевидацSerbo-Croatian
- veštec, jasnovidec, prorokSlovak
- sierska, siareSwedish
- hivisionan, jivisionan, visionanVolapük
Get even more translations for SEER »
Find a translation for the SEER definition in other languages:
Select another language: