Definitions for SCANskæn
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word SCAN
the act of scanning; systematic examination of a prescribed region
"he made a thorough scan of the beach with his binoculars"
scan, CAT scan(verb)
an image produced by scanning
"he analyzed the brain scan"; "you could see the tumor in the CAT scan"
examine minutely or intensely
"the surgeon scanned the X-ray"
scan, skim, rake, glance over, run down(verb)
"She scanned the newspaper headlines while waiting for the taxi"
make a wide, sweeping search of
"The beams scanned the night sky"
conform to a metrical pattern
move a light beam over; in electronics, to reproduce an image
obtain data from magnetic tapes
"This dictionary can be read by the computer"
An instance of scanning.
The operators vacated the room during the scan.
The result or output of a scanning process.
The doctors looked at the scans and made a diagnosis.
To examine sequentially, part by part.
To create a digital copy of an image using a scanner.
To look about for.
He scanned the horizon.
To fit or conform to a specific meter.
To mount by steps; to go through with step by step.
to mount by steps; to go through with step by step
Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms
1. The path periodically followed by a radiation beam. 2. In electronic intelligence, the motion of an electronic beam through space looking for a target. Scanning is produced by the motion of the antenna or by lobe switching. See also electronic intelligence.
Scan is creating disruptive apps that connect the real world with the digital universe in fun and innovative ways. Through QR code, NFC, and other technologies, Scan brings social media, lead generation, and mobile commerce to life through real world “like”, “follow”, and even “buy” buttons. Companies can easily use Scan’s tools to create these custom experiences for their customers.
British National Corpus
Rank popularity for the word 'SCAN' in Verbs Frequency: #1012
cans, CNAs, CNSA, NCSA
Translations for SCAN
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- تمعن, مسح ضوئيا, محصArabic
- escorcollar, escandir, escanejarCatalan, Valencian
- skandieren, abtasten, Scan, einscannen, AbtastungGerman
- εξετάζω, σαρώνω, ανιχνεύω, διερευνώGreek
- escandir, escanearSpanish
- skännima, otsimaEstonian
- silmäillä, skannata, tutkia, tähyilläFinnish
- numériser, fouiller, scander, scannériser, scannerFrench
- scannerizzare, scandire, scrutareItalian
- afspeuren, scanderen, scannenDutch
- escandir, varrer, escanear, varreduraPortuguese
- a baleia imaginea, scruta, numeriza, scanat, numerizare, scana, scanare, explora, scanerizare, sonda, cerceta, scanerizaRomanian
- скандировать, разглядывать, сканироватьRussian
- skanna, läsa inSwedish
- taratmak, taramakTurkish
Get even more translations for SCAN »
Find a translation for the SCAN definition in other languages:
Select another language: