Definitions for SCAMskæm
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word SCAM
a fraudulent business scheme
victimize, swindle, rook, goldbrick, nobble, diddle, bunco, defraud, scam, mulct, gyp, gip, hornswoggle, short-change, con(verb)
deprive of by deceit
"He swindled me out of my inheritance"; "She defrauded the customers who trusted her"; "the cashier gypped me when he gave me too little change"
That marketing scheme looks like a scam to me.
To defraud or embezzle.
They tried to scam her out of her savings.
Origin: US carnival slang. Possibly from scamp
Scam is the fifth studio album by the Australian band The Screaming Jets. It was their first record to be released under a different label. Singles taken from the album were "Individuality", "Higher With You" and "I Need Your Love".
The numerical value of SCAM in Chaldean Numerology is: 2
The numerical value of SCAM in Pythagorean Numerology is: 9
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
I thought it was a scam.
It makes me so mad, it feels like a scam.
It was a pretty extensive and fraudulent scam on his part.
All religions are a scam . . . except for yours of course.
I had no idea who those people were. I thought it was a scam.
Images & Illustrations of SCAM
Translations for SCAM
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- Trickdiebstahl, Trickbetrug, Vorschussbetrug, betrügenGerman
- estafa, estafarSpanish
- vedättää, huuhaaFinnish
- entourloupe, entourlouper, arnaque, arnaquerFrench
- תרגיל עוקץHebrew
- truffa, scam, truffare, fregaturaItalian
- bedrog, oplichting, misleiding, oplichten, deceptieDutch
- przekręt, szwindel, oszustwoPolish
- lograr, golpe, pilantragem, [[aplicar]] [[um]] [[golpe]]Portuguese
- обман, жульничество, мошенничество, афера, обманывать, надувательствоRussian
- lurendrejeri, luraSwedish
Get even more translations for SCAM »
Find a translation for the SCAM definition in other languages:
Select another language: