relationship, human relationship(noun)
a relation between people; (`relationship' is often used where `relation' would serve, as in `the relationship between inflation and unemployment', but the preferred usage of `relationship' is for human relations or states of relatedness)
"the relationship between mothers and their children"
a state of connectedness between people (especially an emotional connection)
"he didn't want his wife to know of the relationship"
a state involving mutual dealings between people or parties or countries
kinship, family relationship, relationship(noun)
(anthropology) relatedness or connection by blood or marriage or adoption
Connection or association; the condition of being related.
Kinship; being related by blood or marriage.
A romantic or sexual involvement.
The level or degree of affinity between keys, chords and tones.
the state of being related by kindred, affinity, or other alliance
An archaeological relationship is the position in space and by implication, in time, of an object or context with respect to another. This is determined, not by linear measurement but by determining the sequence of their deposition - which arrived before the other. The key to this is stratigraphy.
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'RELATIONSHIP' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #755
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'RELATIONSHIP' in Written Corpus Frequency: #1362
Rank popularity for the word 'RELATIONSHIP' in Nouns Frequency: #200
The numerical value of RELATIONSHIP in Chaldean Numerology is: 9
The numerical value of RELATIONSHIP in Pythagorean Numerology is: 2
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
The test of one's behavior pattern; relationship to society, relationship to one's work, relationship to sex.
My mother was in a relationship, the relationship ended, she wanted to go a different way, and her then-ex-boyfriend murdered her and my aunt.
I don't worry about Thailand's relationship with Beijing. I think it's a good thing for Thailand to have a relationship with China, we try to have a good relationship with China too.
The president is confident that the strong working relationship and the effective, productive working relationship that we have had over the last six years will continue for the next two.
Sacrifice is meant to be the bedrock of every true love or relationship. I mean, any love or relationship that lacks sacrifice from both parties or partners is not a true love or relationship and will never last perpetually.
Images & Illustrations of RELATIONSHIP
Translations for RELATIONSHIP
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- علاقة, صلةArabic
- relacióCatalan, Valencian
- příbuzenství, příbuznost, vztahCzech
- Beziehung, VerwandtschaftGerman
- συγγένεια, σχέσηGreek
- yhteys, suhde, sukulaisuus, sukulaisuussuhdeFinnish
- relation, rapportFrench
- gaolmhaireacht, comhchaidreamh, baint, gaolIrish
- dàimh, càirdeasScottish Gaelic
- rokonság, kapcsolat, párkapcsolatHungarian
- հարաբերություններ, փոխհարաբերություն, հարաբերությունArmenian
- hubungan, relasiIndonesian
- storia, parentela, rapportoItalian
- ញាតិវង្ស, ការទាក់ទង, ញាតិភាព, ការទាក់ទងគ្នាKhmer
- 關係, 관계Korean
- врска, сродство, односMacedonian
- संबध, नातेMarathi
- samband, tilhøveNorwegian Nynorsk
- powiązanie, relacja, związek, stosunek, pokrewieństwoPolish
- relação, relacionamento, parentescoPortuguese
- legătură, relație, înrudire, raport, rudenie, asociereRomanian
- любовные отношения, интрига, связь, касательство, взаимосвязь, взаимоотношение, отношение, роман, родствоRussian
- బంధుత్వము, సంబంధముTelugu
- ilişki, karabet, hısımlık, akrabalık, bağlantıTurkish
- quan hệ, liên hệVietnamese
Get even more translations for RELATIONSHIP »
Find a translation for the RELATIONSHIP definition in other languages:
Select another language:
Discuss these RELATIONSHIP definitions with the community:
Word of the Day
Would you like us to send you a FREE new word definition delivered to your inbox daily?
Use the citation below to add this definition to your bibliography:
"RELATIONSHIP." Definitions.net. STANDS4 LLC, 2017. Web. 24 May 2017. <http://www.definitions.net/definition/RELATIONSHIP>.