Definitions for Princeprɪns
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word Prince
a male member of a royal family other than the sovereign (especially the son of a sovereign)
A (male) ruler, a sovereign; a king, monarch.
Someone who is preeminent in their field; a great person.
He is a prince among men.
The (male) ruler or head of a principality.
A male member of a royal family other than the ruler; especially (in the United Kingdom) the son or grandson of the monarch.
A common name of the mushroom Agaricus augustus.
A type of court card used in Tarot cards, the equivalent to the Jack.
The title of a prince.
A surname for someone who acted like a prince, or played the part in a pageant, or served in the household of a prince.
the one of highest rank; one holding the highest place and authority; a sovereign; a monarch; -- originally applied to either sex, but now rarely applied to a female
the son of a king or emperor, or the issue of a royal family; as, princes of the blood
a title belonging to persons of high rank, differing in different countries. In England it belongs to dukes, marquises, and earls, but is given to members of the royal family only. In Italy a prince is inferior to a duke as a member of a particular order of nobility; in Spain he is always one of the royal family
the chief of any body of men; one at the head of a class or profession; one who is preeminent; as, a merchant prince; a prince of players
to play the prince
Prince is a general term for a ruler, monarch, or member of a monarch's or former monarch's family, and it is a hereditary title in the nobility of some European states. The feminine equivalent is a princess. The English word derives, via the French word prince, from the Latin noun princeps, from primus + capio, meaning "the chief, most distinguished, ruler, prince".
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'Prince' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #1716
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'Prince' in Written Corpus Frequency: #3945
Rank popularity for the word 'Prince' in Nouns Frequency: #724
Translations for Prince
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- རྒྱལ་བུ, རྒྱལ་སྲསTibetan Standard
- príncepCatalan, Valencian
- princ, knížeCzech
- prins, fyrsteDanish
- Fürst, König, PrinzGerman
- πρίγκιπας, άρχονταςGreek
- reĝido, princoEsperanto
- príncipe, conde, infanteSpanish
- امیر, شهریار, پرنس, شاهزادهPersian
- upeaherkkusieni, ruhtinas, kunkku, prinssiFinnish
- prinsur, fúrstiFaroese
- rídhamhna, flaith, prionsa, mac ríIrish
- flath, prionnsa, laochScottish Gaelic
- prinse, flahManx
- शहज़ादा, राजकुमार, युवराजHindi
- fejedelem, királyfi, uralkodó, hercegHungarian
- արքայազն, իշխանArmenian
- prins, mikilmenni, furstiIcelandic
- អ្នកអង្គម្ចាស់, ព្រះអង្គម្ចាស់Khmer
- 왕자, 王子Korean
- میر, میری میرانKurdish
- princips, regulus, princepsLatin
- PrënzLuxembourgish, Letzeburgesch
- кнез, принцMacedonian
- хан хүүMongolian
- fyrste, prinsNorwegian
- príncipe, maioralPortuguese
- принц, королевич, царевич, князьRussian
- kraljević, принц, carević, princ, краљевић, царевићSerbo-Croatian
- knieža, princSlovak
- princ, knezSlovene
- furste, prinsSwedish
- شاھزادەUyghur, Uighur
- королевич, принцUkrainian
- hoàng tử, vương tửVietnamese
- leson, hiplin, plinVolapük
Get even more translations for Prince »
Find a translation for the Prince definition in other languages:
Select another language: