Definitions for Personnelˌpɜr səˈnɛl
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word Personnel
Random House Webster's College Dictionary
the body of persons employed in an organization.
Category: Common Vocabulary, Business
Ref: Compare materiél. 1
(used with a pl. v.) persons.
Category: Common Vocabulary
a department of an organization supervising matters of personnel.
* Usage: Some usage guides object to the use of personnel as a plural. However, this use is well established and standard in all varieties of speech and writing. The use of personnel with a preceding number is generally disapproved of; this use occurs chiefly in business and government communications: Five personnel were transferred.
Origin of personnel:
1825–35; < F, n. use of personnel (adj.) personal< LL persōnāle, neut. of persōnālis; r. personal (n.), Anglicized form of F personnel
group of people willing to obey orders
"a public force is necessary to give security to the rights of citizens"
personnel department, personnel office, personnel, staff office(noun)
the department responsible for hiring and training and placing employees and for setting policies for personnel management
employees; office staff
Origin: From personnel.
the body of persons employed in some public service, as the army, navy, etc.; -- distinguished from materiel
As in any other field of human activity, specialized personnel constitute a key commanding resource to generate outcome.
Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms
Those individuals required in either a military or civilian capacity to accomplish the assigned mission.
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'Personnel' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #3017
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'Personnel' in Written Corpus Frequency: #4067
Rank popularity for the word 'Personnel' in Nouns Frequency: #1305
Translations for Personnel
Kernerman English Multilingual Dictionary
the people employed in a firm, factory, shop etc; the staff
Our personnel are very highly trained; (also adjective) a personnel manager.
- طاقَم المُوَظَّفين او العامِلينArabic
- личен съставBulgarian
- pessoalPortuguese (BR)
- zaměstnanci; posádka; personálníCzech
- das Personal, Personal-...German
- personale; personale-Danish
- (de) personnelFrench
- कर्मचारी वर्ग, कार्मिक, कार्यकर्त्ताHindi
- osoblje, namješteniciCroatian
- personale; del personaleItalian
- 전 직원, 인사(人事)Korean
- darbuotojai, personalasLithuanian
- personāls; kadri; štata darbiniekiLatvian
- kakitangan; jabatan personelMalay
- personale, personellNorwegian
- personel, załogaPolish
- كاركوونكى ، غړى ،پرسونلPashto
- staff; (de) personalRomanian
- персонал; кадрыRussian
- zamestnanci; personálnySlovak
- (總稱)人員，員工Chinese (Trad.)
- nhân sựVietnamese
- （总称）人员，员工，全体职员Chinese (Simp.)
Get even more translations for Personnel »
Find a translation for the Personnel definition in other languages:
Select another language: