Definitions for PIMPpɪmp
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word PIMP
pimp, procurer, panderer, pander, pandar, fancy man, ponce(verb)
someone who procures customers for whores (in England they call a pimp a ponce)
pander, pimp, procure(verb)
arrange for sexual partners for others
A person who solicits customers for prostitution and acts as manager for prostitutes; a panderer.
A man who can easily attract women.
To act as a procurer of prostitutes; to pander.
To prostitute someone.
The smooth-talking, tall man with heavy gold bracelets claimed he could pimp anyone.
To excessively customize something, especially a vehicle, according to ghetto standards (also pimp out).
You pimped out that AC (air conditioner) f'real (for real), dawg.
To ask progressively harder and ultimately unanswerable questions of a resident or medical student (by a senior member of the medical staff).
To promote, to tout.
I gotta show you this sweet website where you can pimp your blog and get more readers.
excellent, fashionable, stylish
one who provides gratification for the lust of others; a procurer; a pander
to procure women for the gratification of others' lusts; to pander
Origin: [Cf. F. pimpant smart, sparkish; perh. akin to piper to pipe, formerly also, to excel. Cf. Pipe.]
A pimp is an agent for prostitutes who collects part of their earnings. This act is called procuring or pandering. The pimp may receive this money in return for advertising services, physical protection, or for providing, and possibly monopolizing, a location where he or she may engage clients. A woman who runs a brothel is known as a madam rather than a pimp. Like prostitution, the legality of certain actions of a madam or a pimp vary from one region to the next. Pimps may punish johns for physical abuse or failure to pay, advertise services to potential clients without alerting police, and enforce exclusive rights to 'turf' where their prostitutes may advertise and operate with less competition. In the many places where prostitution is outlawed, sex workers have decreased incentive to report abuse for fear of self-incrimination, and increased motivation to seek any physical protection from clients and law enforcement that a pimp might provide. The pimp-prostitute relationship can be abusive and possessive, with the pimp/madam using techniques such as psychological intimidation, manipulation, starvation, rape and/or gang rape, beating, confinement, threats of violence toward the victim’s family, forced drug use and the shame from these acts. Pimps can be arrested and charged with pandering and are legally known as procurers.
Images & Illustrations of PIMP
Translations for PIMP
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- hoerboer, pooierAfrikaans
- قاد, قوادArabic
- Kuppler, Zuhälter, LudeGerman
- προαγωγός, εκπορνεύωGreek
- golfo, cabrón, encafichar, putear, proxenentizar, cafiche, chulo, proxenetaSpanish
- sutenöör, kupeldajaEstonian
- جاکش, کسکشی کردن, کسکش, جاکشی کردنPersian
- taivutella, sutenööri, kuulustella, tuunata, toimia sutenöörinä, [[tehdä]] [[jostakusta]] [[prostituoitu]], parittaa, parittaja, puffata, tentataFinnish
- maquereauter, proxénète, prostituer, maquereau, mac, souteneur, maquerellerFrench
- máistir striapachIrish
- drùisearScottish Gaelic
- mucikari, germoIndonesian
- melludólgur, hórumangariIcelandic
- lenone, protettore, magnaccia, pappone, ruffianoItalian
- ポン引き, 紐, 女衒Japanese
- 뚜쟁이, 뚜Korean
- ຊາຍານຸຊີບ, ແມງດາLao
- подведувач, сводникMacedonian
- sutener, alfonsPolish
- cafetão, alcovitar, safado, chulo, cafetinar, proxenetaPortuguese
- pește, proxenetRomanian
- сводня, сутенёр, сводничать, сводникRussian
- poslovodnik, пословодник, svodnik, сводникSerbo-Croatian
- tutor prostitutashAlbanian
- hallick, sutenörSwedish
- kẻ mối láiVietnamese
Get even more translations for PIMP »
Find a translation for the PIMP definition in other languages:
Select another language: