Definitions for Notchnɒtʃ
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word Notch
a V-shaped indentation
pass, mountain pass, notch(noun)
the location in a range of mountains of a geological formation that is lower than the surrounding peaks
"we got through the pass before it started to snow"
a V-shaped or U-shaped indentation carved or scratched into a surface
"there were four notches in the handle of his revolver"
notch, nick, snick(verb)
a small cut
cut or make a notch into
"notch the rope"
notch a surface to record something
A V-shaped cut.
Such a cut, used for keeping a record
The notches in that tribe's warrior axe handles stand for killed enemies.
A mountain pass; a defile
A level or degree.
This car is a notch better than the other.
To cut a notch in (something).
To record (a score or similar) by making notches on something.
The tribe's hunters notch their kills by notches on each's axe's handle.
To join by means of notches.
To achieve (something).
The team notched a pair of shutout wins on Sunday.
Origin: Recorded since 1577, probably a of an + otch, which noun stems from oche, itself from the verb ochier, of unknown origin
a hollow cut in anything; a nick; an indentation
a narrow passage between two elevation; a deep, close pass; a defile; as, the notch of a mountain
to cut or make notches in ; to indent; also, to score by notches; as, to notch a stick
to fit the notch of (an arrow) to the string
Norman Howell, better known as Notch is a R&B, reggae, dancehall and reggaeton artist. He was the former lead vocalist and one of the creative force behind the hip hop-reggae act, Born Jamericans. He has been featured on hit albums such as Mas Flow 2, Mas Flow 2.5, Chosen Few II: El Documental, Barrio Fino, and The Cosmic Game. His first solo album, Raised by the People, was released in May 2007.
Translations for Notch
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- oscar, oscaCatalan, Valencian
- zářez, vrubCzech
- anschreiben, Niveau, einkerben, Einrückung, Pass, Bergpass, Klasse, Kerbe, Einkerbung, Senke, ankerbenGerman
- escotadura, muesca, categoría, entalladura, entallar, talladura, ranura, nivel, tarja, mellar, tarjar, pasoSpanish
- saavuttaa, kaivertaa, sola, aste, lovi, kolo, loveta, kirjata, salvoa, luokkaFinnish
- entaille, encoche, cranFrench
- rovátka, rovás, fokozat, bevágás, hegyszoros, jelölés, szurdok, fokHungarian
- խազ, քարթArmenian
- tacca, incavo, golaItalian
- kakari, whakakānewha, tōkari, whakakarikari, kāniwhaMāori
- keep, trede, bergengte, bergpas, inkepen, kepen, bereiken, inkerving, kerf, kerven, graad, inlaten, behalen, boekenDutch
- garganta, entalho, entalhar, desfiladeiro, chanfrar, nível, chanfro, indentação, passoPortuguese
- зару́бка, паз, вы́рез, засе́чка, перева́л, у́ровень, вы́емка, пропил, ме́тка, о́тступ, абза́ц, вмя́тина, сте́пеньRussian
Get even more translations for Notch »
Find a translation for the Notch definition in other languages:
Select another language: