Definitions for Loungelaʊndʒ
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word Lounge
sofa, couch, lounge(noun)
an upholstered seat for more than one person
lounge, waiting room, waiting area(verb)
a room (as in a hotel or airport) with seating where people can wait
sit or recline comfortably
"He was lounging on the sofa"
loiter, lounge, footle, lollygag, loaf, lallygag, hang around, mess about, tarry, linger, lurk, mill about, mill around(verb)
"The high school students like to loiter in the Central Square"; "Who is this man that is hanging around the department?"
A waiting room in an office, airport etc.
A domestic living room.
An establishment, similar to a bar, that serves alcohol and often plays background music or shows television.
A large comfortable seat for two or three people or more, a sofa or couch; also called lounge chair.
To relax as if in a lounge.
to spend time lazily, whether lolling or idly sauntering; to pass time indolently; to stand, sit, or recline, in an indolent manner
an idle gait or stroll; the state of reclining indolently; a place of lounging
a piece of furniture resembling a sofa, upon which one may lie or recline
Origin: [OE. lungis a tall, slow, awkward fellow, OF. longis, longin, said to be fr. Longinus, the name of the centurion who pierced the body of Christ, but with reference also to L. longus long. Cf. Long, a.]
British National Corpus
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'Lounge' in Written Corpus Frequency: #3537
Rank popularity for the word 'Lounge' in Nouns Frequency: #2284
Images & Illustrations of Lounge
Translations for Lounge
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- Lounge, Wartezimmer, Warteraum, WohnzimmerGerman
- αίθουσα αναμονής, καθιστικόGreek
- sala de espera, estancia, sala de estarSpanish
- salon, salle d'attenteFrench
- oziare, poltrire, sala d'aspetto, salotto, bighellonare, piano-bar, veranda, sala d'attesa, ciondolare, stare in panciolle, bighellare, stare a pancia all'ariaItalian
- リビングルーム, ラウンジ, 休憩室, 居間, 待合室Japanese
- 대기실, 사교실, 휴게실, 라운지Korean
- sala de esperaPortuguese
- приёмная, отдыха́ть, сало́н, ко́мната о́тдыха, зал ожида́ния, бар, безде́льничать, холл, гости́наяRussian
Get even more translations for Lounge »
Find a translation for the Lounge definition in other languages:
Select another language: