Definitions for Learningˈlɜr nɪŋ
Random House Webster's College Dictionary
knowledge acquired by systematic study in any field of scholarly application.
the act or process of acquiring knowledge or skill.
Psychol. the modification of behavior through practice, training, or experience.
Category: Animal Behavior
* Syn: learning , erudition , scholarship refer to facts or ideas acquired through systematic study. learning usu. refers to knowledge gained from extensive reading and formal instruction: Her vast learning is reflected in her many books.erudition suggests a thorough and profound knowledge of a difficult subject: His erudition in languages is legendary.scholarship suggests a high degree of mastery in a specialized field, along with an analytical or innovative ability suited to the academic world: The author is renowned for several works of classical scholarship.
Origin of learning:
the cognitive process of acquiring skill or knowledge
"the child's acquisition of language"
eruditeness, erudition, learnedness, learning, scholarship, encyclopedism, encyclopaedism(noun)
profound scholarly knowledge
Kernerman English Learner's Dictionary
the process of gaining knowledge or experience
His behavior in class is disrupting the learning of others.
An act in which something is learned.
Learning to ride a unicycle sounds exciting.
The department head was also a scholar of great learning.
Something that has been learned
the acquisition of knowledge or skill; as, the learning of languages; the learning of telegraphy
the knowledge or skill received by instruction or study; acquired knowledge or ideas in any branch of science or literature; erudition; literature; science; as, he is a man of great learning
U.S. National Library of Medicine
Relatively permanent change in behavior that is the result of past experience or practice. The concept includes the acquisition of knowledge.
Translations for Learning
Kernerman English Multilingual Dictionary
knowledge which has been gained by learning
The professor was a man of great learning.
- مَعْرِفَه، إطِّلاع، ثَقافَهArabic
- erudiçãoPortuguese (BR)
- die GelehrsamkeitGerman
- lærdom; videnDanish
- γνώσεις, μάθησηGreek
- opittu tietoFinnish
- לְמִידָה, לִימוּדHebrew
- ज्ञान, विद्याHindi
- cultura, sapere, erudizioneItalian
- mokslas, erudicijaLithuanian
- mācīšanās; erudīcija, zināšanasLatvian
- учёность; эрудицияRussian
- lärdom, bildningSwedish
- bilgi, bilim, kültür, ilimTurkish
- 學問Chinese (Trad.)
- вченість, знанняUkrainian
- حاصل کیا گیا علمUrdu
- việc học; kiến thứcVietnamese
- 学问Chinese (Simp.)
Get even more translations for Learning »