Definitions for FUDGEfʌdʒ
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word FUDGE
soft creamy candy
fudge, manipulate, fake, falsify, cook, wangle, misrepresent(verb)
tamper, with the purpose of deception
"Fudge the figures"; "cook the books"; "falsify the data"
hedge, fudge, evade, put off, circumvent, parry, elude, skirt, dodge, duck, sidestep(verb)
avoid or try to avoid fulfilling, answering, or performing (duties, questions, or issues)
"He dodged the issue"; "she skirted the problem"; "They tend to evade their responsibilities"; "he evaded the questions skillfully"
Light or frothy nonsense.
A type of very sweet candy or confection. Often used in the US synonymously with chocolate fudge.
Have you tried the vanilla fudge? It's delicious!
A deliberately misleading or vague answer.
A less than perfect decision or solution; an attempt to fix an incorrect solution after the fact.
To try to avoid giving a direct answer; to waffle or equivocate.
When I asked them if they had been at the party, they fudged.
To alter something from its true state, as to hide a flaw or uncertainty. Always deliberate, but not necessarily dishonest or immoral.
Colloquially, used in place of fuck.
a made-up story; stuff; nonsense; humbug; -- often an exclamation of contempt
to make up; to devise; to contrive; to fabricate
to foist; to interpolate
Fudge is a type of Western confectionery, which is usually soft, sweet and rich. It is made by mixing sugar, butter, and milk, heating it to the soft-ball stage at 240 °F and then beating the mixture while it cools so that it acquires a smooth, creamy consistency. Many variations with other flavorings are made, such as chocolate fudge, peanut butter fudge, and maple fudge. Nuts can also be added, such as in the flavour "maple walnut", and some recipes call for candied fruit.
The New Hacker's Dictionary
1. vt. To perform in an incomplete but marginally acceptable way, particularly with respect to the writing of a program. “I didn't feel like going through that pain and suffering, so I fudged it — I'll fix it later.” 2. n. The resulting code.
Translations for FUDGE
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- заблуждение, извъртане, мек бонбон, извъртамBulgarian
- caramelCatalan, Valencian
- Fälschung, Buttertoffee, ausweichenGerman
- ate, manjar, dulceSpanish
- kinuski, vältellä, kierrellä, muokata, muuttaa, manipuloidaFinnish
- caramel, éviterFrench
- выдумка, увиливать, враньё, песец!, вздор, чушь, увильнуть, блин!, ирис, ирискаRussian
- mjuk kolaSwedish
Get even more translations for FUDGE »
Find a translation for the FUDGE definition in other languages:
Select another language: