Definitions for FADEfeɪd
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word FADE
slice, fade, slicing(noun)
a golf shot that curves to the right for a right-handed golfer
"he took lessons to cure his slicing"
gradually ceasing to be visible
become less clearly visible or distinguishable; disappear gradually or seemingly
"The scene begins to fade"; "The tree trunks are melting into the forest at dusk"
lose freshness, vigor, or vitality
"Her bloom was fading"
evanesce, fade, blow over, pass off, fleet, pass(verb)
"The pain eventually passed off"
"The prisoner has be languishing for years in the dungeon"
A golf shot that (for the right-handed player) curves intentionally to the right. See slice, hook, draw.
A haircut where the hair is short or shaved on the sides of the head and longer on top. See also high-top fade and low fade.
To become fade; to grow weak; to lose strength; to decay; to perish gradually; to wither, as a plant.
To lose freshness, color, or brightness; to become faint in hue or tint; hence, to be wanting in color.
To sink away; to disappear gradually; to grow dim; to vanish.
To cause to fade.
Weak; insipid; tasteless; commonplace.
Origin: From fader, from fade.
weak; insipid; tasteless; commonplace
to become fade; to grow weak; to lose strength; to decay; to perish gradually; to wither, as a plant
to lose freshness, color, or brightness; to become faint in hue or tint; hence, to be wanting in color
to sink away; to disappear gradually; to grow dim; to vanish
to cause to wither; to deprive of freshness or vigor; to wear away
FADE is a point-and-click adventure game developed by the Fade Team and released for the Windows Mobile Professional platform in 2001. The game was critically acclaimed as the first large-scale adventure game for the platform. It is most often compared to Myst, the first immersive graphic adventure games for the PC, and the games in the Zork series. The game was originally created in French, and was translated into English. This has resulted in some lines sounding rather awkward, and French remains in some parts of the game's dialogue. However, this has not posed a problem for many players. The game's story is actually very complex. It has been compared to a similarly themed film, the critically acclaimed Memento. FADE was broken up into chapters and re-released for the iPhone OS under a different name, 1112, on November 24, 2008.
British National Corpus
Rank popularity for the word 'FADE' in Verbs Frequency: #737
Translations for FADE
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- избелявам, вехна, блудкав, увяхвам, заглъхвам, обезцветявам сеBulgarian
- σβήνω, σβήνομαιGreek
- kauhtua, kauhduttaa, heiketä, haalistaa, häipyä, haihduttaa, karkota, haaltua, häivyttää, kaikota, karkottaa, heikentyä, hämärtyä, haihtua, hämärtää, himmetä, heikentää, haalistua, himmentääFinnish
- fade, s'évanouir, flétrir, affadir, fanerFrench
- fakul, elhalványul, fakít, halványít, halványulHungarian
- գունաթափվել, թառամելArmenian
- боёосун кетирүү, түсүн өчүрүү, ыраңын кетирүү, көркөмүн кетирүүKyrgyz
- forgå, falme, svekkesNorwegian
- smaakloos, wegkwijnen, verzinken, verbleken, verslappen, verwelken, verzwakken, saai, verdwijnenDutch
- обесцвечивать, исчезать, блёкнуть, выцветать, увядать, обесцвечиваться, затухать, пропадать, вянуть, выгоратьRussian
Get even more translations for FADE »
Find a translation for the FADE definition in other languages:
Select another language: