Definitions for Employmentɛmˈplɔɪ mənt
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word Employment
the state of being employed or having a job
"they are looking for employment"; "he was in the employ of the city"
the occupation for which you are paid
"he is looking for employment"; "a lot of people are out of work"
the act of giving someone a job
use, usage, utilization, utilisation, employment, exercise(noun)
the act of using
"he warned against the use of narcotic drugs"; "skilled in the utilization of computers"
A use, purpose
The act of employing
The personnel director handled the whole employment procedure
The state of being employed
The work or occupation for which one is used, and often paid
An activity to which one devotes time
The number or percentage of people at work
Origin: From to employ (itself from employer (=modern), from empleier, from implicare "to enfold, involve, be connected with", itself from in- "in" + plicare "to fold") + -ment
the act of employing or using; also, the state of being employed
that which engages or occupies; that which consumes time or attention; office or post of business; service; as, agricultural employments; mechanical employments; public employments; in the employment of government
Employment is a relationship between two parties, usually based on a contract, one being the employer and the other being the employee.
U.S. National Library of Medicine
The state of being engaged in an activity or service for wages or salary.
Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms
The strategic, operational, or tactical use of forces.
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'Employment' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #942
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'Employment' in Written Corpus Frequency: #1133
Rank popularity for the word 'Employment' in Nouns Frequency: #410
The numerical value of Employment in Chaldean Numerology is: 1
The numerical value of Employment in Pythagorean Numerology is: 3
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
This will create employment.
The employment situation is a complete disaster.
People are being discarded and forced to seek employment elsewhere.
Economics is extremely useful as a form of employment for economists.
Resolving these employment issues will need input from the government.
Images & Illustrations of Employment
Translations for Employment
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- وظيفة, توظيفArabic
- занимание, използване, служба, употребаBulgarian
- zaměstnanost, zaměstnáníCzech
- Erwerbstätigkeit, Arbeit, Beschäftigung, AnstellungGerman
- δουλειά, εργασία, απασχόληση, εργοδότηση, πρόσληψη, χρήση, εργοδοσίαGreek
- työllisyys, työllistäminen, ansiotyöFinnish
- travail, emploiFrench
- cosnadh, obairScottish Gaelic
- állás, alkalmazás, elfoglaltságHungarian
- գործ, աշխատանքArmenian
- occupazione, impiego, assunzioneItalian
- 就業人口, 仕事, 職業, 業務, 雇用, 勤務, 使用, 職, 勤めJapanese
- 일, 일자리, 고용, 직업, 활동, 근무, 취업률, 사용, 이용Korean
- вработеност, вработувањеMacedonian
- emplooi, gebruik, aanwerving, nut, benutting, tewerkstelling, werkDutch
- emprego, trabalho, serviçoPortuguese
- занятость, служба, работа, трудоустройство, занятиеRussian
- запослење, запосленост, zaposlenost, zaposlenjeSerbo-Croatian
- sysselsättningsgrad, sysselsättningstal, anställning, sysselsättning, användningSwedish
- việc làmVietnamese
Get even more translations for Employment »
Find a translation for the Employment definition in other languages:
Select another language: