a small waterfall or series of small waterfalls
a succession of stages or operations or processes or units
"progressing in severity as though a cascade of genetic damage was occurring"; "separation of isotopes by a cascade of processes"
a sudden downpour (as of tears or sparks etc) likened to a rain shower
"a little shower of rose petals"; "a sudden cascade of sparks"
cascade, cascade down(verb)
rush down in big quantities, like a cascade
arrange (open windows) on a computer desktop so that they overlap each other, with the title bars visible
A waterfall or series of small waterfalls.
Now murm'ring soft, now roaring in cascade. -Cawper
A stream or sequence of a thing or things occurring as if falling like a cascade.
The rise in serotonin levels sets off a cascade of chemical events uE000182303uE001 Richard M. Restak, The Secret Life of the Brain, Joseph Henry Press, 2001
A series of electrical (or other types of) components, the output of any one being connected to the input of the next; See also daisy chain
A pattern typically performed with an odd number of props, where each prop is caught by the opposite hand.
A sequence of absurd short messages posted to a newsgroup by different authors, each one responding to the most recent message and quoting the entire sequence to that point (with ever-increasing indentation).
To fall as a waterfall or series of small waterfalls.
To arrange in a stepped series like a waterfall.
To occur as a causal sequence.
Origin: cascade, from cascata, from cascare
a fall of water over a precipice, as in a river or brook; a waterfall less than a cataract
to fall in a cascade
Origin: [F. cascade, fr. It. cascata, fr. cascare to fall.]
Cascade is a city in Dubuque County and Jones County, Iowa, United States. The Dubuque County portion is part of Dubuque Metropolitan Statistical Area, while the Jones County portion is part of Cedar Rapids Metropolitan Statistical Area. The population was 2,159 at the 2010 census, up from 1,958 at the 2000 census. The city is located at the southwestern edge of Dubuque County, at the border of Dubuque and Jones Counties. Arguably the town's most notable historic event was the 1925 flood. Between 1880 to 1936 the town was connected to Bellevue via the Chicago, St. Paul & Milwaukee Railway Company. U.S. Route 151 runs through Cascade but in 2002 a four-lane bypass took traffic north around the city. Iowa Highway 136 runs from north to south through Cascade.
Chambers 20th Century Dictionary
kas-kād′, n. a waterfall: a trimming of lace or other material in a loose wavy fall.—v.i. to fall in cascades. [Fr.,—It.—L. cadĕre, to fall.]
The New Hacker's Dictionary
1. A huge volume of spurious error-message output produced by a compiler with poor error recovery. Too frequently, one trivial syntax error (such as a missing ‘)’ or ‘}’) throws the parser out of synch so that much of the remaining program text is interpreted as garbaged or ill-formed. 2. A chain of Usenet followups, each adding some trivial variation or riposte to the text of the previous one, all of which is reproduced in the new message; an include war in which the object is to create a sort of communal graffito.
The Standard Electrical Dictionary
The arrangement of Leyden jars in series on insulating supports, as described below.
Song lyrics by cascade -- Explore a large variety of song lyrics performed by cascade on the Lyrics.com website.
The numerical value of Cascade in Chaldean Numerology is: 2
The numerical value of Cascade in Pythagorean Numerology is: 9
Images & Illustrations of Cascade
Translations for Cascade
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- каскада, водопадBulgarian
- vandfald, kaskadeDanish
- herabstürzen, Kaskade, Wasserfall, hintereinanderschaltenGerman
- vesiputous, tapahtumasarja, kaskadi, sarja, köngäsFinnish
- easScottish Gaelic
- വെള്ളച്ചാട്ടം, സംഭവപരമ്പരMalayalam
- kaskada, kaskadowaćPolish
- cascatear, cascata, salto, cachoeira, queda d'águaPortuguese
- cascadă, circuit-cascadăRomanian
- каскад, водопадRussian
- kaskada, водопад, vodopad, каскада, slap, слапSerbo-Croatian
Get even more translations for Cascade »
Find a translation for the Cascade definition in other languages:
Select another language: