buzzard, turkey buzzard, turkey vulture, Cathartes aura(noun)
a New World vulture that is common in South America and Central America and the southern United States
buzzard, Buteo buteo(noun)
the common European short-winged hawk
Any of several Old-World birds of prey with broad wings and a broad tail.
In North America, a general term for scavenging birds such as the American black vulture, also called American black buzzard (Coragyps atratus), and the turkey vulture (Cathartes aura).
Origin: From busart, possibly from buteon.
a bird of prey of the Hawk family, belonging to the genus Buteo and related genera
a blockhead; a dunce
A buzzard is one of several large birds, but there are a number of meanings as detailed below.
Chambers 20th Century Dictionary
buz′ard, n. a bird of prey of the falcon family: a blockhead: a name for some night moths and cockchafers.—n. Buzz′ard-clock, a cockchafer, the dor. [Fr. busard; prob. from L. buteo, a kind of falcon.]
The numerical value of BUZZARD in Chaldean Numerology is: 2
The numerical value of BUZZARD in Pythagorean Numerology is: 8
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
Our coal industry is going down, one thing I've learned - and I am a old decrepit buzzard - is you've got to keep moving forward. Our people have to adapt.
Images & Illustrations of BUZZARD
Translations for BUZZARD
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- [[обикновен]] [[мишелов]]Bulgarian
- aligot, zopilotCatalan, Valencian
- alter Gauner, Bussard, alte GaunerinGerman
- ratonero común, gavilán, busardoSpanish
- sale bougre, buse, sale bougresseFrench
- mûzefalkWestern Frisian
- àrmhaigh, clamhanScottish Gaelic
- bexato, miñatoGalician
- jастреб глувчарMacedonian
- kuċċarda primaMaltese
- piernik, zgred, myszołówPolish
- milhafre, águia-de-asa-redondaPortuguese
- girun da mieursRomansh
- stori furapuddas, pilloni farrancau, tappàiuSardinian
- škánjac, ми̏ша̄р, шка́њац, mȉšārSerbo-Croatian
- myšiak lesnýSlovak
- busar, busarül, jibusar, hibusarVolapük
Get even more translations for BUZZARD »
Find a translation for the BUZZARD definition in other languages:
Select another language: