Definitions for BLATANTˈbleɪt nt
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word BLATANT
blatant, blazing, conspicuous(adj)
without any attempt at concealment; completely obvious
"blatant disregard of the law"; "a blatant appeal to vanity"; "a blazing indiscretion"
blatant, clamant, clamorous, strident, vociferous(adj)
conspicuously and offensively loud; given to vehement outcry
"blatant radios"; "a clamorous uproar"; "strident demands"; "a vociferous mob"
Bellowing, as a calf; bawling; brawling; clamoring; disagreeably clamorous; sounding loudly and harshly.
Obvious, on show
Origin: (1596) coined by Edmund Spenser ("blatant beast"). Probably a variation of *blatand ( blaitand), present participle of blate, a variation of bleat. See bleat.
bellowing, as a calf; bawling; brawling; clamoring; disagreeably clamorous; sounding loudly and harshly
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
This is yet another blatant attempt to extend its jurisdiction to other states.
It is sometimes well for a blatant error to draw attention to overmodest truths.
It's pretty blatant, it's a wise play, but whether it will work or not is hard to tell.
It was too widespread and open for people to be completely unaware ... It was just so blatant.
For quite some time the government has been issuing propaganda about my death. This is a blatant lie.
Images & Illustrations of BLATANT
Translations for BLATANT
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- очевиден, явен, вопиющ, креслив, шуменBulgarian
- himmelschreiend, offensichtlich, eklatant, krassGerman
- obvio, flagrante, descarado, ostensible, evidenteSpanish
- julkea, räikeä, häpeämätönFinnish
- clair, flagrantFrench
- gigantesco, chiassoso, assordante, macroscopico, fragoroso, vistoso, appariscenteItalian
- klinkklaar, openlijk, schaamteloosDutch
- evidente, gritante, óbvioPortuguese
- очевидный, вульгарный, крикливый, явный, вопиющийRussian
- napadan, flagrantan, upadljivSerbo-Croatian
Get even more translations for BLATANT »
Find a translation for the BLATANT definition in other languages:
Select another language: