Definitions for Assistantəˈsɪs tənt
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word Assistant
assistant, helper, help, supporter(adj)
a person who contributes to the fulfillment of a need or furtherance of an effort or purpose
"my invaluable assistant"; "they hired additional help to finish the work"
of or relating to a person who is subordinate to another
Someone who is present; a bystander, a witness.
A person who assists or helps someone else.
A software tool that provides assistance in some task.
Having a subordinate or auxiliary position.
Origin: From assistant, from assister.
helping; lending aid or support; auxiliary
of the second grade in the staff of the army; as, an assistant surgeon
one who, or that which, assists; a helper; an auxiliary; a means of help
an attendant; one who is present
Origin: [Cf. F. assistant, p. pr. of assister.]
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'Assistant' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #4590
Rank popularity for the word 'Assistant' in Nouns Frequency: #1495
Rank popularity for the word 'Assistant' in Adjectives Frequency: #673
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
A manager is an assistant to his men.
That trusted assistant could function as my agent for all kinds of transactions and activities.
The company had an employee at the time who was effectively a political assistant... it was from the company.
I was a sales assistant for the day, i am quite good, I actually worked at a fast food restaurant so I have been behind the till before.
( Brown) hired the assistant coach, the administrative assistant and recruited the student-athlete involved, the committee held him responsible.
Images & Illustrations of Assistant
Translations for Assistant
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- помощник, асистент, спомагателенBulgarian
- auxiliar, assistenteCatalan, Valencian
- pomocník, pomocnice, asistent, asistentkaCzech
- Assistent, Helfer, Mitarbeiter, helfend, hilfreichGerman
- asistente, ayudanteSpanish
- دستیار, آسیستانPersian
- assistentti, aputyöntekijä, apulais-, apulainen, avustaja, avustavaFinnish
- aide, auxiliaire, assistantFrench
- segéd, helyettes, asszisztensHungarian
- helpanto, helperoIdo
- asîstan, شاگردKurdish
- taituarā, kaiāwhinaMāori
- assistent, assisterende, medhjelperNorwegian
- medhjelpar, assistentNorwegian Nynorsk
- ajudante, assistentePortuguese
- ассистентка, ассистент, помощница, вспомогательный, помощникRussian
- asistente, asistentAlbanian
Get even more translations for Assistant »
Find a translation for the Assistant definition in other languages:
Select another language: